+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship for Aunt in Canada ( CEC)

munis

Feb 15, 2018
Hello I recently received my ITA under Canadian Experience Class. While making my express profile, I answered the question, "Do you have any relatives in Canada?" as yes as I have an aunt in Canada. Now while uploading the documents I see a I need to upload documents for proof of relationship to my aunt.

On CIC's website, it says the purpose of this document is to do the following:

" Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)

Purpose
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having

• a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points). "

In the two bullet points above, I do not meet both the criteria as I did not claim any CRS Points for having an aunt in Canada as I got my ITA under Canadian Experience Class not FSWP.

So do I really need to upload any document regarding this?

I have a copy of my Aunt's PR card but finding it difficult to show any documents which shows she is currently residing in Canada as she does not work or pay bills. Secondly if I upload both her and my dad's passport as proof of relationship, both their passports have inconsistent parent names.

Please advice! I would really appreciate it!