+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship document

AkashPatel1990

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi All,

I have mentioned in my application that I have my uncle in Canada. The PR application asks me to provide proof of relationship. How do I show my relationship to my uncle(moms brother).

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).
Look under proof of relationship to a relative in Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: Wandering Mind

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

I need advice for below -
There are two letters difference in mine and my sibling's birth certificates. When we produce those as proof of sibling relationship, will it be a problem? What kind of document should submit for that? I am not claiming points for siblings but they asked details.

Do we need to upload translated birth certificate and identification card apart from the passport? There is no specific field to upload.Those documents have been translated into English. If so do we need to upload affidavit from sworn translator?

Thank you
:):):)

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hi

I am in the process of completing documentation requirements for EE and need clarity on how can I go about proving relationship with my paternal uncle whose details I have mentioned in the application.

My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi

I am in the process of completing documentation requirements for EE and need clarity on how can I go about proving relationship with my paternal uncle whose details I have mentioned in the application.

My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.[/QUOTE
Upload passport copy of your paternal uncle and your father's passport .
and explain all detail in LOE .

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi All,

I have mentioned in my application that I have my uncle in Canada. The PR application asks me to provide proof of relationship. How do I show my relationship to my uncle(moms brother).

Thanks in advance.
upload birth certificates of your mom and ur uncle or
upload passport copy of your mom and uncle .
explain other details in LOE .

mohammad_md

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
I have my sister in Canada and i choose YES under question if you have a relative in Canada ?. What i want to know is if i can choose YES for my wife as well as she is a secondary applicant ?

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
I have my sister in Canada and i choose YES under question if you have a relative in Canada ?. What i want to know is if i can choose YES for my wife as well as she is a secondary applicant ?
no nedd to mention YES in your wife's personal detail if your wife's blood relatives are not in CANADA .

parthdave1306

Dec 18, 2017
Hi..My file is under process in express entry for last month. My wife is on dependent and she is in India. I got an e-mail today from cic to submitted 10-15 pics max. of relationship photos like wedding depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, reception and post wedding photographs, outing trips etc...

Even there are 9-10 questions from the first contact with your spouse including...
1) if arranged marriage then who arranged the marriage
2) provide timeline of dates,photos,events you participated like trips and outings
3) provide information regarding your religious beliefs
etc....

They are asking for these details from both side(me and my wife) but they are not asking for the chatting history or any other details.... Just 10-15 photos and these 9-10 questions.
Does anyone have idea about this?
Thanks

Apatatravel

Sep 15, 2018
Hi,

I have been invited for a Memorial Service in Canada by my Cousin, What are the documents need for the "Proof of Relationship" as stated in my online application.

Thanks!

faridahrushdy

May 19, 2019
Hello

I would like to ask about the proof of relationship document. My older brother isn't a permanent resident, do i have to for my study permit?

malshab92

Jul 10, 2019
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).
Look under proof of relationship to a relative in Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
I have an aunt but I believe she didnt contribute to the points I had. I have since received my ita and now there are a lot of requirements in terms of documents to show proof of our relationship. At this time is it just possible that i remove this relation so i dont need to provide these documents?

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I have an aunt but I believe she didnt contribute to the points I had. I have since received my ita and now there are a lot of requirements in terms of documents to show proof of our relationship. At this time is it just possible that i remove this relation so i dont need to provide these documents?
your aunt is not your family member, so you have to remove this relation.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
your aunt is not your family member, so you have to remove this relation.
hey i need help

i am 3 months post AOR - while filling the come to Canada tool i answered "YES" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada including , aunt , uncle , grandparent , siblings etc"

However, while generating my EE profile i mentioned "NO" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada" - someone told me that i should have answered YES to this question as in actual i do have my aunt and uncle in Canada. Now i am worried if my profile can be rejected as a result of misrepresentation ! i did not claim any points for relatives in Canada.....

should i raise a web form and tell the visa officer that i do have aunt and uncle in Canada and that i made an error while filling the profile? i dont want to arrange loads of documents to prove my relationship

plz help

Reactions: horizonj

hafeez_y2j

Mar 13, 2015
Hello, My mother's PR application is being processed in London visa office. They has asked for a proof of relationship and I have provided them a Family registration certificate (FRC) from NADRA which was turned down by the visa officer. However, FRC was accepted a proof of relationship when super visa was applied. Neither my passport nor my educational documents shows my mother's name. However, my mother's passport issued back in 1990, shows my name and date of birth on it as I might have traveled on her passport back then. . Can i submit that along with LOE/Affidavit?