+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - Cousin

palciparum

Oct 18, 2017
I am applying for Canada visitor visa. I have letter of invitation from my cousin. My cousin has different last name and there are no proof like birth certificate or passport that will help. So how do I show proof of relationship?

Proof of financial support - can I scratch out bank account number?

Thanks

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for Canada visitor visa. I have letter of invitation from my cousin. My cousin has different last name and there are no proof like birth certificate or passport that will help. So how do I show proof of relationship?
If it is possible: The birth certificates of your parent + your cousin's parent..... to prove they are siblings.

Proof of financial support - can I scratch out bank account number?
No, you must not tamper with the bank statement otherwise it could seem like it is a forged document

Aug 15, 2019
Vadodara
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
My mother and her brother does not have birth certificate since birth. Is the passport ok to show where their parents' name is mentioned? Pls help as I need to proof relationship with my first cousin.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
My mother and her brother does not have birth certificate since birth. Is the passport ok to show where their parents' name is mentioned? Pls help as I need to proof relationship with my first cousin.
I think yes. On the Letter of Explanation just mention that your mom and uncle does not have a birth certificate that is why you resorted to their passport since their parents are the same there. Then you need to attach you and your cousin's birth certificate, to show the relationship to your respective parents.

Reactions: yutikamalaviya