+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of relationship CEC Applicant

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi,

I'm CEC applicant and submitted my file today (april 15) and received E-AOR. In my application i mentioned i have brother (living in canada and he is permanent resident) and mother and father living in india. I submitted my birth certificate under proof of relationship submitted copy of my brother's PR card under Family Member Proof of Status.

Now i realized I should also have submitted copy of my brother's birth certificate or passport under "proof of relationship". I did submit his copy of pr under Family Member Proof of Status.

You think this can be an issue? What should I do now? Thanks

IndianaBanks

Jan 11, 2017
The proof of relationship documents are not part of the mandatory documents so your application cannot be rejected as incomplete. However, if you need those 5 points to gain the required 67 points for Program eligibility, your application could be rejected if the visa officer disregards your proof and therefore fails to allocate those 5 points to you resulting in your points falling below the 67 points. In short, if you are above 67 points without your brothers 5 points, you have nothing to worry about

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
IndianaBanks said:
The proof of relationship documents are not part of the mandatory documents so your application cannot be rejected as incomplete. However, if you need those 5 points to gain the required 67 points for Program eligibility, your application could be rejected if the visa officer disregards your proof and therefore fails to allocate those 5 points to you resulting in your points falling below the 67 points. In short, if you are above 67 points without your brothers 5 points, you have nothing to worry about
how about CEC applicant? Having relatives who are PR or citizen in Canada does not affect any CRS then

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Right, im cec and i dont think i received any points for relatives who are pr/citizen.

theresazxl said:
how about CEC applicant? Having relatives who are PR or citizen in Canada does not affect any CRS then