+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship | Birth certificate not in English

Kwakby

Oct 15, 2016
I am trying to get my sister a visitor visa. The application asks for a proof of relationship, our birth certificates are not in English. Could we just upload our passports? our parents names are not mentioned, but our names matches (Father, grandfather .. 3 names).

If the passports does not work, what else can we do?

Can we translate the birth certificates anywhere online?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I am trying to get my sister a visitor visa. The application asks for a proof of relationship, our birth certificates are not in English. Could we just upload our passports? our parents names are not mentioned, but our names matches (Father, grandfather .. 3 names).

If the passports does not work, what else can we do?

Can we translate the birth certificates anywhere online?

Thanks!
1. Ignore Iglu
2. From CIC

Important information: Translations must not be done by the applicants themselves nor by an applicant’s parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or first cousin.

If the translation is not done by a certified translator (a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial association of translators and interpreters in Canada), you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

Reactions: Kwakby