+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** Proof of Relationship between Sponsor and Principal Applicant. Deadline 1 week. Desperate!!!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi,

" Proof of Relationship between Sponsor and Principal Applicant" A week to the deadline now.

I received the following letter from VO (CPC Mississauga - visa office). I had earlier sent my COPR, Canadian Passport as my DOB proof, Ontario Drivers License etc as I do NOT have any birth certificate (India village etc.). Appears those did not satisfy the needs and VO seeks proof of relationship.

Now my plan of action, which I would be grateful if anyone can help clarify or add suggestions to :
  • Send my class 10 certificate with DOB since I do NOT have any birth certificate
  • Send my mother's Aadhaar Card (this is a unique identifier from Indian government for Indian residents only). Has my mother's DOB. <<I do not hold any Aadhaar Card, since I am no longer a resident of India>>
  • My mother does NOT have any birth certificate, nor any educational certificates.
  • Send my Indian passport scans which has my mother and (late) father's name.The Indian passports are "cancelled" since India does not allow dual citizenship.
$$$ Letter from CPC Mississauga $$$

"...This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and
Grandparents program.

As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to
receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family
members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.

Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:

“A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
that the officer reasonably requires.”

In order to assess your eligibility and admissibilities, an officer has deemed the following as required:

111222333444 -
** mother's name **:
> Proof of Relationship: Provide your, sponsor's, birth certificate. If your birth was
registered late, as proof of relationship between the sponsor and the principal applicant, please
provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and
Matriculation/secondary school certificate. Submit only documents supporting the relationship
between the sponsor and the principal applicant. Unrelated documents will not be considered.

NOTE: The above documentation was originally requested on 2019/06/24. This is a final request. This
must be received at this office by: 2019/10/11..."

ancyaziz

Sep 29, 2019
I think if your 10th certificate has your mom's name, that would be sufficient. Also passport scan must be accepted, even though it's cancelled.
You can also ask for extended time to submit the documents and apply for your birth certificate, my parents applied for my birth certificate 2 years back only, they did not get a certificate when I was born, so my guess is even if you are not a resident, you could get a birth certificate from India.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
I think if your 10th certificate has your mom's name, that would be sufficient. Also passport scan must be accepted, even though it's cancelled.
You can also ask for extended time to submit the documents and apply for your birth certificate, my parents applied for my birth certificate 2 years back only, they did not get a certificate when I was born, so my guess is even if you are not a resident, you could get a birth certificate from India.
Many thanks for responding @ancyaziz

My 10th class certificate (I.C.S.E. Board - India) does not have parents' name - simply the DOB. So..

Shall certainly send both the older passport and class 10th certificate.

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Many thanks for responding @ancyaziz

My 10th class certificate (I.C.S.E. Board - India) does not have parents' name - simply the DOB. So..

Shall certainly send both the older passport and class 10th certificate.
Hi hinavin - just wanted to follow up with you on this - did the documents you submitted work? Thanks!

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
Hi Hinavin

I am also in the same boat as you. I don't have a relationship proof with my mother other than the Passport. Were you able to figure out any solutions. Did IRCC accepted your documents?

gkvan

May 9, 2017
Category........
Hi Hinavin

I am also in the same boat as you. I don't have a relationship proof with my mother other than the Passport. Were you able to figure out any solutions. Did IRCC accepted your documents?
Hi Pankaj,
I received the similar request as above ... i am in the same boat as you... planning to send my old cancelled passport.. please let me know if u want touch pace with me so that i can send my mobile number...

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi Hinavin

Hi there,

What worked for as acceptable for Canadian Government is :) as Follows:

- Provided scanned copies of Indian Passport which mentioned Father's and Mother's name
- Got a notarised declaration on a Rupees INR 100 stamp paper (India) declaring that I am the son of Father : XXX and Mother XXX
- Since my mother did NOT have her birth certificate, also got a notarised declaration of the date of birth of my Mother (self declaration)
- Got a notarised declaration on a Rupees INR 100 stamp paper (India) declaration from my Mother that her children are - 1. XXX, 2. XXX ETC AND their addresses, residency are XXX along bearing passport numbers of XXX countries.
- All of the above were acknowledged by a lawyer as well (basically stamped and signed by attorney with his license number etc) Thus all fully verifiable by authorities both in India as well as I am sure Canadian background check agencies.
- Scanned and submitted the above, mentioning originals are with us, subject to verification in person, upon request.

Please note: Not sure if it was due to the above gap in original documents but it took substantially longer to clear the security and background checks for Mom - as compared to other Parent Grandparent Sponsorship visa processing from India.

Reactions: your_pankaj

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi Pankaj,
I received the similar request as above ... i am in the same boat as you... planning to send my old cancelled passport.. please let me know if u want touch pace with me so that i can send my mobile number...
Hi, wish you best of luck. As long as you are diligent and at least send an interim 'holding' response, it usually works for IRCC in allowing an extension. In case it takes time for you to gather documents. Would suggest you to specify reason for asking additional time for extension. Other that that, steps I took are highlighted below:
- Provided scanned copies of Indian Passport which mentioned Father's and Mother's name
- Got a notarised declaration on a Rupees INR 100 stamp paper (India) declaring that I am the son of Father : XXX and Mother XXX
- Since my mother did NOT have her birth certificate, also got a notarised declaration of the date of birth of my Mother (self declaration)
- Got a notarised declaration on a Rupees INR 100 stamp paper (India) declaration from my Mother that her children are - 1. XXX, 2. XXX ETC AND their addresses, residency are XXX along bearing passport numbers of XXX countries.
- All of the above were acknowledged by a lawyer as well (basically stamped and signed by attorney with his license number etc) Thus all fully verifiable by authorities both in India as well as I am sure Canadian background check agencies.
- Scanned and submitted the above, mentioning originals are with us, subject to verification in person, upon request.

Please note: not sure if it was due to the above gap in original documents but it took substantially longer to clear the security and background checks for Mom - as compared to other Parent Grandparent Sponsorship visa processing from India.

Regards

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi hinavin - just wanted to follow up with you on this - did the documents you submitted work? Thanks!
Apologies for the delayed response - largely the date of birth is accepted as long as Indian Consulate General certifies it. For name of parents, the certification is more an effort to self certify from all parties. On stamped paper, duly notarised as a sworn oath and if your country allows for it, getting it affirmed by a lawyer as well. These are NOT guaranteed, I don't think. But likely is a subjective evaluation by officer, who checks if this candidate's claims are authentic. Again, I have no official or inside information - its simply my assumption from my individual case. Which may be completely wrong.

Reactions: elbarto94

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
Hi there,

What worked for as acceptable for Canadian Government is :) as Follows:

Please note: Not sure if it was due to the above gap in original documents but it took substantially longer to clear the security and background checks for Mom - as compared to other Parent Grandparent Sponsorship visa processing from India.
Hi Hinavin
Thank you very much. This will help me in preparing my documentation.

Reactions: hinavin