+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of qualification

Bochkarev

Dec 5, 2017
I'm a programmer and have some interest in Canada work experience.
If I got it right, my only option is to get the "Employer-specific work permit". Programmer is a "Skill level B" job(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html), which means I'm able to get that permit.
My problem is that I have only a high school degree and my work experience comes almost entirely from a freelance.
The question is, could it be a problem with acquisition of work permit because of not having a proof of my work experience with combination of not having a diploma? Do I even need any proofs of qualification, if I have a job offer?

spRaven

Dec 22, 2017
I'm a programmer and have some interest in Canada work experience.
If I got it right, my only option is to get the "Employer-specific work permit". Programmer is a "Skill level B" job(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html), which means I'm able to get that permit.
My problem is that I have only a high school degree and my work experience comes almost entirely from a freelance.
The question is, could it be a problem with acquisition of work permit because of not having a proof of my work experience with combination of not having a diploma? Do I even need any proofs of qualification, if I have a job offer?
your future employer must get LMIA, and when he get, in LMIA says about education and work experience
In my LMIA
Level of education: Trade diploma/Certifacate

your employer can write "not require" but it to small chance to get possitive LMIA, cuz without education he can find canadians.
better for you if you get some certificates etc.
About expirience, you shuold get some pay stabs, offers etc. from your clients with discrabing what work was do.