NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-01-2018
HI,
We're going to land in 10 days and I want to make everything right so that each day counts towards citizenship. Do I need to prove I'm physically present in Canada using something like mailing a letter to myself or anything else?
I've come across the recommendation to keep boarding passes if I leave the country and I'll keep track of all trips since landing. But is there anything other than that?

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
HI,
We're going to land in 10 days and I want to make everything right so that each day counts towards citizenship. Do I need to prove I'm physically present in Canada using something like mailing a letter to myself or anything else?
I've come across the recommendation to keep boarding passes if I leave the country and I'll keep track of all trips since landing. But is there anything other than that?
And the officer will think you are crazy lol.

Just keep your lease, you will also need a letter from landlord confirming the period, so keep good relations with your landlord and do not rent shady apartments with shady contracts. That's all you will need.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
start keeping an excel spreadsheet with all your entry /exits, where to /where from and reason of travel.
Then in 3+ years when you apply, all the information will be easily available.

Reactions: keesio

nighcrawler

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-01-2018
Thanks guys! Alright, no letters to myself :)
My first month will be in an apartment rented through Airbnb, will their electronic receipt also count?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
start keeping an excel spreadsheet with all your entry /exits, where to /where from and reason of travel.
Then in 3+ years when you apply, all the information will be easily available.
This is the most helpful thing I have done.Immediately after a trip, update the spreadsheet. Also keep your boarding passes filed away. Keep both paper and electronic saved.

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
You can also start a calculator on the IRCC website and save it (using an email and password). Each time you leave the country and come back, you can open the calculator on the website and add the trip. You have to submit the results of the calculator at the time of application anyway, so might as well start keeping it now.

As for evidence -- I didn't keep any boarding passes, etc. but then a few weeks before my interview I saw some posts that said I should have. I feverishly searched through emails and old documents etc, to try to gather all the details and found most of it. Gathered it all in a folder and took it to the interview and the officer never looked at it. YMMV, though.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
When you land your passport will be stamped with the entry records and that itself will be proof of entry in Canada.
The AirBNB receipts should count as proof of accommodation.
Especially while living in AirBNB try to avoid cash transaction and pay everything by credit/debit card. Preserve all those statements till you get your citizenship.
Other things you can do while at the airbnb is to apply for SIN, Bank account etc and have those details sent to some reliable correspondence address.
Get a mobile phone plan with itemized call history.
Keep all airticket confirmation and boarding passes, make sure all entries and exits are stamped on the passports and don't lose ever lose your passports
If you are leaving Canada by road to the US, make sure that the US entries are stamped on your passport. You can request the CBP agent to stamp your passport.

In short do everything that will leave a trace of your presence in Canada other than any affairs that you have

AG