+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of past cohabitation

A_khan25

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I am sponsoring my husband from Pakistan. On the checklist, it is asking for proof of past cohabitation if we did live together in the past. I don't have anything to show to them because we both are young and we don't have a house on our name in Pakistan. Neither we have a joint bank account because I couldn't get it due to not having nadra card. And in Pakistan, there isn't any online phone bills which shows same address. I don't know what to show that we both lived together at one point.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am sponsoring my husband from Pakistan. On the checklist, it is asking for proof of past cohabitation if we did live together in the past. I don't have anything to show to them because we both are young and we don't have a house on our name in Pakistan. Neither we have a joint bank account because I couldn't get it due to not having nadra card. And in Pakistan, there isn't any online phone bills which shows same address. I don't know what to show that we both lived together at one point.
Proof of cohabitation is really important for common law less for married couples. Do you have receipts of mail sent to you, packages delivered, etc.

A_khan25

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Proof of cohabitation is really important for common law less for married couples. Do you have receipts of mail sent to you, packages delivered, etc.
I actually don't. I got married on July and came back to Canada on Nov 3rd. So I stayed with him for like 3 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I actually don't. I got married on July and came back to Canada on Nov 3rd. So I stayed with him for like 3 months
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.htm

That isn’t really cohabitation anyways. You were essentially visiting Pakistan after your marriage. You will have to submit what you can in terms of past visits in person/dating, engagement, wedding ceremony and living together after marriage whether it is proof of payment of a honeymoon with pictures or pictures with your husband alone together in various places after marriage.