+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Medical Exam

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Hey all ,

I was wondering if you could help me clarify a question about my medical exam! I am applying outland, being sponsored by my common law partner.

I booked an appointment with a panel physician a week ago, so have the receipt and information sheet with my UMI reference on. The day after I had that done, I sent in my application.

My blood tests and X-ray are booked for next week. And now Im wondering if it was silly to send in my application without actually completing the medical fully?!

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm just hoping they don't send my application back to me!!

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you run the risk of having your entire application returned as it could be deemed incomplete. CIC is somewhat understanding for Inland applicants.

Stay tuned for someone that will likely know for sure. ;)

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Oh nooo, I have modified my original post (I think it makes a little more sense now!) but I feel like you're probably right.
Theres nothing I can do now though i suppose, will just have to wait for it to be sent back!! :(

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Aislingh250 said:
Hey all ,

I was wondering if you could help me clarify a question about my medical exam! I am applying outland, being sponsored by my common law partner.

I booked an appointment with a panel physician a week ago, so have the receipt and information sheet with my UMI reference on. The day after I had that done, I sent in my application.

My blood tests and X-ray are booked for next week. And now Im wondering if it was silly to send in my application without actually completing the medical fully?!

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm just hoping they don't send my application back to me!!

Thanks
Did you choose one of the doctors listed on the CIC website? if you did that you have nothing to fear about. Then will do the tests they need, including blood work, and when they are done they will give you a summary but the official results will be submitted directly into a database where CIC can obtain it, or/and sent to the embassy directly, either or its ok.

I did my medical check 3 weeks before sending the application in, i was given 1 sheet of paper (summary) i did include a copy of this when i did finally send in my application.

No need to include medical in initial application, or anything else you don't have at the moment such as police checks, you can send that in later (and i did outland too)

The only thing to worry about if your process takes more than a year, since when they do issue you the PR papers, you have 1 year to land in Canada, from the day you did your medical exam. IF i were to advice someone moving forward about when to do the medical, i would suggest doing it 1-2 months after sending in the application, thus minimizing the risk of having to retake medical (should your PR application take more than a year)