+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support

HarshJ87

Jun 4, 2023
Hi all,

I am looking forward to submit my Mother's Visitor visa application in sometime.
There is one required document about which I am having some confusion. The document's name is:
"Proof of Means of Financial Support "

In my scenario, my mother is a home-maker and she doesn't have a bank account as well as any asset on her name in India.

While preparing her application on her behalf, I have mentioned in another document(letter of invitation) that I will be supporting her trip end to end financially.
However, for the document mentioned above i.e.- Proof of Means of Financial Support, it seems that she is needed to provide some information on how she can show financial poofs.
One of the points under this particular document is you can provide - "
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
2 queries:
1) Do I need to write a similar letter with content similar to what I wrote in Letter of Invitation for her i.e. I will be covering her costs. Will this be sufficient to a good extent for IRCC to approve her Visa?
2) If not, do I need to get her a Bank A/c in India and transfer some money to show in her Bank A/C along with explaining why it was put in recently?

Looking eagerly for some expert comments from this forum.

"

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
You need to write a sponsorship letter. Again restating that you will burden her all finances during her stay. Please do not make duration too long for a stay. A visit is like10-14 days at maximum not a month or months. A detailed day to day itinerary is a must for example what will she explore each day. with approximate timings. Attaching receipts of confirmed tours and confirmed departing ticket from canada to India are also good options to mitigate immigrant intention. Usually buy a refundable flight ticket. But no dummy tickets.

Please attach family registeration form what is your true relationship with that person. Usually a government ageny in India that issues indentity cards they can provide a proof of it.

Please attach your last 4 month bank statements. Also it is a good idea to attach your tax documents if you pay taxas in Canada.

Merge all documents in one pdf file.

Write a good invitation letter why it was necessary for her to make this trip. Purpose of travel should be clear and provided documentation will prove that as well.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Are visitors from India subject to different requirements than those from other countries? When we got a TRV for my Cuban mother in law we did almost none of the suggestions given above. We wrote an invitation, showed one recent bank statement, and indicated she wished to stay for a month. No plane tickets no receipts no itineraries no tours no tax returns.

Tourist visa issued 60 days later without fuss.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Are visitors from India subject to different requirements than those from other countries? When we got a TRV for my Cuban mother in law we did almost none of the suggestions given above. We wrote an invitation, showed one recent bank statement, and indicated she wished to stay for a month. No plane tickets no receipts no itineraries no tours no tax returns.

Tourist visa issued 60 days later without fuss.
Yes, different requirements. I do not know you must have been lucky. India falls under where people immigrate a lot. All of the above documents were mentioned under each section when uploading the documents on GCkey account. There is a question mark icon when you click on it you will know what documents are needed. These are the documents that a visit officer expect. With zero docuemnts how will the visa officer know about your finanial background and purpose of stay.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Interesting. Most of the documents you list were not mentioned in the new portal. Cuba is also a country where everyone wants to immigrate. Yet a current bank statement from my wife and the necessary IDs were sufficient. For example, no one in Cuba has money so we didn't even bother to show my mother in laws bank ststement, only proof of her retirement pension ($12 per month!). This supported our statement that we were funding her trip.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Interesting. Most of the documents you list were not mentioned in the new portal. Cuba is also a country where everyone wants to immigrate. Yet a current bank statement from my wife and the necessary IDs were sufficient. For example, no one in Cuba has money so we didn't even bother to show my mother in laws bank ststement, only proof of her retirement pension ($12 per month!). This supported our statement that we were funding her trip.
There is a huge difference between a mother in law and different groups of age. Each individual has a different profile. It is better to be safe than sorry. Therefore, attach all relevant documents as are required by visa officers.

Please watch the whole video: IRCC has created a checklist of documents based on your answers to certain questions.

raas

Apr 11, 2022
Hi all,

I am looking forward to submit my Mother's Visitor visa application in sometime.
There is one required document about which I am having some confusion. The document's name is:
"Proof of Means of Financial Support "

In my scenario, my mother is a home-maker and she doesn't have a bank account as well as any asset on her name in India.

While preparing her application on her behalf, I have mentioned in another document(letter of invitation) that I will be supporting her trip end to end financially.
However, for the document mentioned above i.e.- Proof of Means of Financial Support, it seems that she is needed to provide some information on how she can show financial poofs.
One of the points under this particular document is you can provide - "
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
2 queries:
1) Do I need to write a similar letter with content similar to what I wrote in Letter of Invitation for her i.e. I will be covering her costs. Will this be sufficient to a good extent for IRCC to approve her Visa?
2) If not, do I need to get her a Bank A/c in India and transfer some money to show in her Bank A/C along with explaining why it was put in recently?

Looking eagerly for some expert comments from this forum.

"
Hi Can you please let me know what documents you provided and what was the outcome? I had applied visa for my mother in law and got a rejection yesterday.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She got lucky to get the TRV since there are genuine concerns that anyone coming from Cuba will not return. Whether the general population has access to funds is considered. It is assumed that most in Cuba will have little to no savings while in India that isn’t an assumption.