+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support - necessary or not?

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
I'm currently working in Canada on my LMIA work permit and I have a job offer. I got invitation to apply through Canadian Experience Class.
I'm about to submit my PR application but there is still that field 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'.

What is better to do and did anybody get their PR after doing one of these two options???

a) Upload a letter saying either that I have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class and that I have a valid job offer and currently working on a work permit in Canada?
This is exactly what CIC's website says. Link: ht(REMOVE)tp://w(REMOVE)ww.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1145&t=29

b) Change my application in the step before uploading all the documents? 'Personal details/Family/How much money (in Canadian dollars) will XXX YYY bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?' I could change this amount to 0 (zero) and some people mentioned that way I won't have field 'Proof of Means of Financial Support' in my application therefore I won't have to upload anything.

Thank you for your answers!

legolas117

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
CEC applicants need not show proof of funds. So, you can set that field in your application to zero.

Source: Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

Note: I didn't get my PR yet, but this is what I'm essentially doing.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
I might as well ask my question here too.

I'm working with a PGWP so I'm LMIA exempt. Do I still need to show proof of funds? Can I set that number to zero too? (I'm applying under EE-PNP)

stripes

Jan 8, 2015
I am wondering if anybody got their PR this way because that would encourage me to do the same???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stripes said:
I am wondering if anybody got their PR this way because that would encourage me to do the same???
A lot of them did. But you won't find them on the forum because hardly anyone sticks around after PR. If you were invited under CEC (NOT eligible alone but invited as well), you are exempted from POF requirements.