+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Marriage

yash.sahni

Jun 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a Certificate of Registration of Hindu marriage stamped and signed by the Registrar of Marriage.

As a primary applicant, I'm curious to know if this is enough as proof of marriage or should it be notarized? I also heard that marriage certificates from India need to have a stamp from Minister of External Affairs.

Please help in clarifying this as I'm expecting an ITA in November 2016 and would like to have all the documents ready.

Kind Regards,
YS

yash.sahni

Jun 20, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I got married recently in a proper Indian wedding traditions and ceremony. I got the marriage certificate the same month from the Marriage Registrar's office. Do I still need to have a court marriage to prove that I'm married?

Please advice.

YS

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
yash.sahni said:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I got married recently in a proper Indian wedding traditions and ceremony. I got the marriage certificate the same month from the Marriage Registrar's office. Do I still need to have a court marriage to prove that I'm married?

Please advice.

YS
As far as I am aware, if you have been issued a marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriage's office, that is a valid and acceptable proof of marriage.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
As far as I am aware, if you have been issued a marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriage's office, that is a valid and acceptable proof of marriage.
Yes. Better to get it notarized too.