+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Language

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kazmemon said:
Q. transcript belongs to the same degree that you have done, correct?
Yes

Q.should state that the course was completed successfully. Does both state that?

On Transcript marks for each year courses and it says
Qualitification: Bsc with Hons
Awarding Institution >> Name
Programme of Study >> NAme
Date of Award:
Degree Classification >>
Date Transcript Issued

On Degrees it self its written BSc. Hons degree "awarded"

WIll this be good enough?
You would be fine because you are from a english speaking nation (UK). Also i think awarded/ completion is the same thing.
My degree said "completed successfully". In yours it states "Awarded" which seems to be okay.

CIC wants is that the degree/education should have been completed successfully.

Secondly, please make sure to send copies of both the degree and the transcripts (Don't send the copies of degree or transcripts alone). Both will serve a strong language proof.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -- 30th Nov 2011 PPR2 -- 19th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Awesome I will make sure to send copies of both transcript and degree.
Actually I am not from English nation, my university back home was affiliated with UK university so I am lucky I have UK degree.

I think this will not be a problem?

Thanks for guiding appreciated

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kazmemon said:
Awesome I will make sure to send copies of both transcript and degree.
Actually I am not from English nation, my university back home was affiliated with UK university so I am lucky I have UK degree.

I think this will not be a problem?

Thanks for guiding appreciated

That's still fine as long as the degree or the transcripts state that it was completed and language of instruction was english.

Are you by any chance from India?
Cheers!

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Awesome thanks,

I am from Pakistan. Are you from India?

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Thanks for your help!!
Appreciated, and good luck for tonight

cnd_grl

Dec 6, 2014
Hi, I have a question regarding "Proof of Language Requirements". I completed my post graduation in Seneca College. Would an official transcript from the college be enough as Language Proof?

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
My wife has the following:

Issuer: Federal Board of Education - Islamabad, Pakistan
Certificate: Higher Secondary School Certificate
The certificate is all written in English and is the official certificate from the board.

Considering this is not in a language other than English or French, I am assuming that no letter is required to confirm that instruction was in English?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hi, I have a question regarding "Proof of Language Requirements". I completed my post graduation in Seneca College. Would an official transcript from the college be enough as Language Proof?
Actually I myself am thinking of getting official transcript from my Universty, I think it should be fine

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in my second year at the university in Alberta. I have my academic transcript for my first and second year. Can i include this in my citizenship application as evidence that i have adequate knowledge of English?

sniper2

Jun 2, 2014
Hi here in Quebec we have an evaluation of transcript and diploma, check your province if you can get the evaluation of your documents. Citizenship application indicated the following:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:

A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of the original document.

I have an English diploma and transcript too, I send this document to MICC in Quebec for evaluation. Then the evaluation and my document I submitted in the application. Everything went well.
Hi,
I think that the traduction of diploma is accepted not the "Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec"
could you confirm from your experience?

sniper2

Jun 2, 2014
With my Application I attached my Master degree with letter from university that medim of instruction is English. This letter I got in 2009 when I apply for immigration. Same letter I attached with my citizenship application & accepted .Be informed that letter explaining medium of education is important.
Hi,
Did you send the original letter or a copy?
Because I think we have to send a photocopies and keep the original for the interview, no?

zany80

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
My sister is applying for citizenship and has her final university marksheet only. The marksheet is from University of Mumbai and is written in English. Would this be enough proof that she has studied in English or would she need to approach her college for a transcript.