Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -- 30th Nov 2011 PPR2 -- 19th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Hello Respective Members,

Need some valuable information regarding submitting "Proof of Language" for Citizenship.

I have Post Secondary Degree and Transcript but its not mention on degree that course has been taken in English. Will this be advice-able to submit as proof of Language or should i appear in CLB 4 exam?

Any Help/Recommendation would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazmemon said:

Need some valuable information regarding submitting "Proof of Language" for Citizenship.

I have Post Secondary Degree and Transcript but its not mention on degree that course has been taken in English. Will this be advice-able to submit as proof of Language or should i appear in CLB 4 exam?

Thanks
Hi which province are you? Is your transcript in english?

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
hoping_canadian said:
Hi which province are you? Is your transcript in english?
Hi, Province is Alberta and Yes both Transcript and Degree is in English

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi here in Quebec we have an evaluation of transcript and diploma, check your province if you can get the evaluation of your documents. Citizenship application indicated the following:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:

A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of the original document.

I have an English diploma and transcript too, I send this document to MICC in Quebec for evaluation. Then the evaluation and my document I submitted in the application. Everything went well.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With my Application I attached my Master degree with letter from university that medim of instruction is English. This letter I got in 2009 when I apply for immigration. Same letter I attached with my citizenship application & accepted .Be informed that letter explaining medium of education is important.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
hoping_canadian said:
Hi here in Quebec we have an evaluation of transcript and diploma, check your province if you can get the evaluation of your documents. Citizenship application indicated the following:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:

A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of the original document.

I have an English diploma and transcript too, I send this document to MICC in Quebec for evaluation. Then the evaluation and my document I submitted in the application. Everything went well.
Thanks hoping_canadian for your input, we do have evaluation here in Alberta but i dont know how long will it take and i don't want to get in to situation where new rule come into effect.
Isnt my degree is in English suggest my courses were in English too ?

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
ar_fabrics said:
With my Application I attached my Master degree with letter from university that medim of instruction is English. This letter I got in 2009 when I apply for immigration. Same letter I attached with my citizenship application & accepted .Be informed that letter explaining medium of education is important.
Hi ar_fabrics,

Thanks again, judging from your statement it seems it should be somewhere mentioned medium of Course was done in English. WIll it be okay if i ask university Department to send me such official note on their letter head stating same.

Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you are good. I have few friends who's from other province that they submit their diploma and transcript (English) and everything went well. If your transcript(courses listed in english too) is English then I think your good to go ;o)

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazmemon said:
Hi ar_fabrics,

Thanks again, judging from your statement it seems it should be somewhere mentioned medium of Course was done in English. WIll it be okay if i ask university Department to send me such official note on their letter head stating same.

Thanks
It will be enough .

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
hoping_canadian said:
i think you are good. I have few friends who's from other province that they submit their diploma and transcript (English) and everything went well. If your transcript(courses listed in english too) is English then I think your good to go ;o)
Thats Awesome, yes all courses are listed in English

Thanks hoping_canadian... do any of your friend is from Alberta, so i can touch base and inquire.

Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazmemon said:
Thats Awesome, yes all courses are listed in English

Thanks hoping_canadian... do any of your friend is from Alberta, so i can touch base and inquire.

Thanks
Yes I have one friend there she got her citizenship this year ;o)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kazmemon said:

Thanks
From which country your post secondary degree is from? That is the most important question.
so, get a letter from university/institute that the language of instruction was english and attach the copy of it with your post secondary degree's copy.

I did the same for myself.

I attached copies of:
my bachelors degree
language of instruction letter
all semester marksheets

For master's degree i did send copies of:
masters degree
transcripts.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
thecoolguysam said:
From which country your post secondary degree is from? That is the most important question.
so, get a letter from university/institute that the language of instruction was english and attach the copy of it with your post secondary degree's copy.

I did the same for myself.

I attached copies of:
my bachelors degree
all semester marksheets

For master's degree i did send copies of:
masters degree
transcripts.
Thanks thecoolguysam

- Degree is from UK, Nothing mention for language of Instruction
- i have transcript where i now read carefully it says Language of Instruction is "English" will this be considered as Proof of English if i submit?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kazmemon said:
Thanks thecoolguysam

- Degree is from UK, Nothing mention for language of Instruction
- i have transcript where i now read carefully it says Language of Instruction is "English" will this be considered as Proof of English if i submit?

Thanks
i suppose the transcript belongs to the same degree that you have done, correct?

If it states "language of instruction is english" then you are good. Make sure to send copies of both the degree and the transcripts. Make sure to send copies of both. Also both should state that the course was completed successfully. Does both state that?

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
thecoolguysam said:
i suppose the transcript belongs to the same degree that you have done, correct?

If it states "language of instruction is english" then you are good. Make sure to send copies of both the degree and the transcripts. Make sure to send copies of both. Also both should state that the course was completed successfully. Does both state that?
Q. transcript belongs to the same degree that you have done, correct?
Yes

Q.should state that the course was completed successfully. Does both state that?

On Transcript marks for each year courses and it says
Qualitification: Bsc with Hons
Awarding Institution >> Name
Programme of Study >> NAme
Date of Award:
Degree Classification >>
Date Transcript Issued

On Degrees it self its written BSc. Hons degree "awarded"

WIll this be good enough?