+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of language questions... Thanks for helping.

manasrah

Jul 26, 2014
Hi everybody... I am preparing my citizenship file and I needed the help of those who had experience answering my questions:

1- I completed my "masters degree" from McGill University last October 2013. I am using that as a proof of language. It is not mentioned on my diploma nor on my transcripts that English was the language of instruction. Do I still have to provide a proof that the language of instruction at McGill was English though it is a Canadian university?

2- Alternatively, my general IELTS test results are quite old (2004), can I still use those as a proof of language? I know it says on CIC website that expired IELTS is OK, but for how long... this is 10 years old, is it still OK?

Please answer based on your previous experiences... Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

manasrah said:
Hi everybody... I am preparing my citizenship file and I needed the help of those who had experience answering my questions:

1- I completed my "masters degree" from McGill University last October 2013. I am using that as a proof of language. It is not mentioned on my diploma nor on my transcripts that English was the language of instruction. Do I still have to provide a proof that the language of instruction at McGill was English though it is a Canadian university?

2- Alternatively, my general IELTS test results are quite old (2004), can I still use those as a proof of language? I know it says on CIC website that expired IELTS is OK, but for how long... this is 10 years old, is it still OK?

Please answer based on your previous experiences... Thank you!
1. Use your IELTs General, it is still valid for citizenship. There is no time limit.