Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PerryB said:
I have the same question and could you please clarify to me, as must have landed now ?? Also, best way to take the funds to Canada
My 2 cents:

The principal (Applicant) can carry the funds with him/her. One can carry 25+ k without any issues. Just declare them. If any one would ask my advice, I would say do as they say " POF may be required when landing for the first time so BE READY" Why with I take a risk?

If one has no Canadian Account, then just exchange your local currency and get CAD$ as this should not be a great deal.

Personally I did not care about the exchange rate when I did my landing as I did not think rate was more relevant than PR.

Btw, "PRs to be", DO NOT TAKE A RISK BY TELLING THE OFFICER YOU ARE STAYING FOR A WEEK OR SO. JUST KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF. Very straight forward.

Cheers, and all the best for everyone,

SFD

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
rathna said:
Thank you.. anyone know how to open a Canada bank account while in USA?
I don't think you can open a Canada bank account while in the US. You can open US account and withdraw while in Canada or open Canada account under same bank. Then you can transfer money if that's acceptable for proof of landing?

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
If you are on the East Coast, try TD Bank. Someone mentioned in another post that they went to the branch and were able to open a Canadian account from here. You can post your question here and someone will get back to you: http://www.td.com/to-our-customers/tdhelps/

rathna said:
Thank you.. anyone know how to open a Canada bank account while in USA?

chem.engineer

Apr 4, 2014
Hi, every one, after landing can a FSW send back some of his settlement funds to home country for investment purpose. Is there any red flag.?

Please advise.

Thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
chem.engineer said:
Hi, every one, after landing can a FSW send back some of his settlement funds to home country for investment purpose. Is there any red flag.?

Please advise.

Thanks
Once you complete your landing formalities you become a PR. nobody is watching what you do with your money.

chem.engineer

Apr 4, 2014
emamabd said:
Once you complete your landing formalities you become a PR. nobody is watching what you do with your money.

Thanks emamabd

Will it also not cause any trouble at the time of citizenship, during credit history check? Does credit history matters at that time or not?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
chem.engineer said:
Thanks emamabd

Will it also not cause any trouble at the time of citizenship, during credit history check? Does credit history matters at that time or not?
That's quite a long term planning. You will be eligible for Citizenship only after ~4 years of your stay in Canada. Now you can take a call if CIC will do the credit check at that time of something like 4 years back..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
chem.engineer said:
Thanks emamabd

i dont think it would matter.

credit check does not mean checking your balance..it evaluates your integrity in paying your bills ontime and whether you are timely paying back any loans or amount of money that you borrowed for buying a car/or house/or studies ..etc.

i dont know if its done when you apply for citizenship or not, but even if it was .. it wouldn't matter.

AemiliaPaula

Oct 29, 2014
Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
I shedule my medical exam for two weeks, but suddenly my bank called me to tell me that my statement of proof of funds is false!!! My VO asked them few days ago to check the statement and they determined as above. I picked up the agency to help me around the whole application (among other things, with the proof of funds) and I did not have any problems with them untill now (they are well known in my country). What to do now, if something is even possible to do? The layer from the agency is convincing me that we will react only if VO contact me in the future (with looking for the explanation of the whole situation and asking to send another valid statement), but I am not sure that this is going to happen...Should I contact them immediately with the explanation and with the new statement and try to save the whole process? Pls, help me with your advices, I am desperate!!!! :'(

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
AemiliaPaula said:
Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
I shedule my medical exam for two weeks, but suddenly my bank called me to tell me that my statement of proof of funds is false!!! My VO asked them few days ago to check the statement and they determined as above. I picked up the agency to help me around the whole application (among other things, with the proof of funds) and I did not have any problems with them untill now (they are well known in my country). What to do now, if something is even possible to do? The layer from the agency is convincing me that we will react only if VO contact me in the future (with looking for the explanation of the whole situation and asking to send another valid statement), but I am not sure that this is going to happen...Should I contact them immediately with the explanation and with the new statement and try to save the whole process? Pls, help me with your advices, I am desperate!!!! :'(
first lets understand - why is your bank statement false? didn't you get it legally from the bank itself?

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
AemiliaPaula said:
Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
please clear it out first. what do u mean by MY bank and FALSE statement?

EvanBourn

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/07/2014
Nomination.....
Per 19/11/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line 10/01/2015
Med's Request
28th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
2nd March 2015 Third line.......: 27/03/2015
Interview........
Who cares.!! :)
Passport Req..
7TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
hello, you anyone tell me how much i should carry as pof for 2 adults and 1 infant?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
EvanBourn said:
hello, you anyone tell me how much i should carry as pof for 2 adults and 1 infant????
CIC website says its "$18,260"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp