Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
rizmayo said:
I will say they are very aggressive in their approach (longer hours, many branches with drive through ATM, etc.). But I cannot say they are the best bank. I guess it is a matter of personal preferences, convenience and location. Also they do not have the same packages for new immigrants like some of its competitors.

Regards,
Sir

Let me correct myself
, they are good start up bank , as good network of ATMS etc.
Stay Blessed

ady555

Jan 28, 2014
Hi,

First of thanks for the good advices its really useful.

Me and my wife had been applied for Canadian Immigration in the year 2013 under FSW and received our AOR by July-2-10-2013.Now we are waiting for our medical report as i am the principal applicant.

i need a clarification at the time of landing is it possible for me come first to canada and then ask my wife to follow after 3 months as she needs to finish few commitments at work is this allowed.

If yes then does she also need to show the proof of funds when she comes or its just me.

please help with your expert advise.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ady555 said:
Hi,

Me and my wife had been applied for Canadian Immigration in the year 2013 under FSW and received our AOR by July-2-10-2013.Now we are waiting for our medical report as i am the principal applicant.

i need a clarification at the time of landing is it possible for me come first to canada and then ask my wife to follow after 3 months as she needs to finish few commitments at work is this allowed.

If yes then does she also need to show the proof of funds when she comes or its just me.

1) Yes she can land a few months after the principal applicant completes his landing - as long as its within the validity of her issued immigration visa. The issued visa cannot be extended.

2) She does not need to show POF when she lands later. Only the principal applicant is "responsible" to show POF for the whole family members

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
ady555 said:
Hi,

Sir

It is possible , but she has to land within Visa Expiry.
In order to clarify this , please get an expert opinion from IOM , on the eve of attending "Pre-Departure Seminar".

Stay Blessed

Philipose

Feb 25, 2014
Hi

Can anyone please let me know if I can submit HDFC banker’s certificate (India) as POF when I land in Toronto.

Will be Landing in Toronto Next thursday.So please do let me know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Philipose said:
Hi

Can anyone please let me know if I can submit HDFC banker's certificate (India) as POF when I land in Toronto.

Will be Landing in Toronto Next thursday.So please do let me know.

No that won't be accepted. You will need a Demand Draft or Cash or any such instrument.

Best of luck with your travels.

Regards,

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
This thread is always as informative and insightful as the day it was started but where's Qorax??!

Hope somebody knows where he's disappeared to as I have sent him series of PMs without a single reply!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
donwin4real said:
This thread is always as informative and insightful as the day it was started but where's Qorax??!

Hope somebody knows where he's disappeared to as I have sent him series of PMs without a single reply!
someone once mentioned that he knows qorax in person...he wrote that Qorax has left to another forum

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
emamabd said:
someone once mentioned that he knows qorax in person...he wrote that Qorax has left to another forum
Oh! He left what he started ...anyway...I don't even think is in Canada anymore..

Thanx for the reply

azimrit

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
27-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2014
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
Qorax you are very informative.

lucky96

May 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2-1213
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
Manitoba (General stream)
AOR Received.
19-3-1213
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
no
Hi friends

I really need help plz......

I just got PR in Canada under MPNP (general stream). My question is that

Q:- how much money Should i bring as a prof of funds in MPNP General stream at the port of entry when i first arrive in Canada?? C$10,000 or $11,086 or don't need any funds at immigration in my stream? i m very confuse....

Q:- What happen if i will take C$ 11,086 with me, because i heard, a single person can't take more than $10,000 otherwise have to declare? what happens if i will declare??

Q: what kind of interview on immigration at first arrival in Canada?

Q: It will be fine if i will take C$10,000 (bank draft) and $200 cash. So still i will have to declare that i have more than C$10,000 or not??

PZZ reply as soon as possible because i m going to Canada next week

thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
lucky96 said:
Hi friends

I really need help plz......

I just got PR in Canada under MPNP (general stream). My question is that

Q:- how much money Should i bring as a prof of funds in MPNP General stream at the port of entry when i first arrive in Canada?? C$10,000 or $11,086 or don't need any funds at immigration in my stream? i m very confuse.... Definitely you need to show funds even in your stream, however I am not sure if you have to show the same amount as the FSW applicants. New POF requirements for FSW are: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Q:- What happen if i will take C$ 11,086 with me, because i heard, a single person can't take more than $10,000 otherwise have to declare? what happens if i will declare?? Nothing will happen if you declare the amount, it is not taxable.

Q: what kind of interview on immigration at first arrival in Canada? Nothing much. they will ask if you have goods to follow, your address in Canada, etc.

Q: It will be fine if i will take C$10,000 (bank draft) and $200 cash. So still i will have to declare that i have more than C$10,000 or not?? Declaration is not for cash only. You will still declare $10,200 ... However $200 in cash is not enough to last you in Canada, till your draft clears in the bank... if you meant to write $2000, then that is enough

PZZ reply as soon as possible because i m going to Canada next week

thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
azimrit said:
Qorax you are very informative.
The numbers in Qorax's post are slightly outdated. Please refer to this link for latest figures: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

lucky96

May 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2-1213
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
Manitoba (General stream)
AOR Received.
19-3-1213
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
no
hi rizmayo

Thank u very much for your reply....its really appreciated...

I need little more information:-

As u said, if i m taking more than $10,000, it will be tax free its only because of first entry or its always tax free?

How much maximum money i can take with me first time?

I couldn't find POF for MPNP. so i will take same as federal POF. I am taking $11,115 plus $2000 cash and will declare. so it will be fine???

How should i declare fund? fill out any form from home or it will be sort out on custom office in Toronto because i will going to Winnipeg via Toronto

thanks .....

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
lucky96 said:
hi rizmayo

Thank u very much for your reply....its really appreciated...

I need little more information:-

As u said, if i m taking more than $10,000, it will be tax free its only because of first entry or its always tax free? There is no tax on bringing money into Canada. You just have to declare if you are carrying monetary instruments (cash, drafts, etc.) of more than $ 10,000

How much maximum money i can take with me first time? As much as you want on the first landing. There is no restriction on bringing more in later, but it may raise red flags if you frequently bring large amounts of cash and are not declaring foreign income when you file tax returns each year.

I couldn't find POF for MPNP. so i will take same as federal POF. I am taking $11,115 plus $2000 cash and will declare. so it will be fine??? Yes you are good. I am assuming you are single and do not have anyone else on your application.

How should i declare fund? fill out any form from home or it will be sort out on custom office in Toronto because i will going to Winnipeg via Toronto You have to fill out a landing form (you will get this on the plane): http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf and fill form e677: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf ... The landing form you have to fill the one you get on the plane. Form e677 you can fill out at home in 2 copies (one for you and one for customs) to save time, otherwise customs will fill out the form for you.

thanks .....