Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
anthony1970 said:
Hi. I just need some info. Landed last Nov 2. using flagpole and I was approved under FSW Arranged Employment as I am working with the same company taht helped me to get a PR for almost 5 years now. My family will follow next year. My question is that, do they need to show POF upon entry at YVR? Most of our funds are here in Canada. Thanks
Sir
Since you are their sponsor , if I am right, You will be required to show this at Immigration Dest upon their arrival / landing in Canada.
Carry your bank statement with you - Its simple

Stay blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
suchnaju said:
Hi Seniors,

It said :

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
•you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
•you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

What if I have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada however I am not currently working or authorized to work in Canada ? Do I still need to show POF ?

Thanks !
Sir

If you have sufficient funds to carry . carry them
Otherwise you are not required - As per statement printed by you

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fsarosh said:

In my case, i have submitted term deposit certificates which are jointly issued on my name as well as my father's name. They have accepted it twice (first, at the time of submission of the case and then at the time of updated docs request). Can i produce the same as proof of landing funds? my father will remit the amount once i get a canadian bank account?

I mean i need 20,600 for a family of 4 (i will land first and my family will follow me after some time). Can i show some cash like 1000-2000 and show the rest in these deposit certificates?

If this is not acceptable, then can anybody suggest any proper way out?

Sir

Liquid Cash or DD is accepted at port of entry

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sandyfab said:
at finally, i can show bank statement as a proof of funds at the time of landing.

And, carry about 2000 dollars with me for use.

plz confirm?
Sir

NO , bank statement of BANK IN CANADA IS ONLY ACCEPTED

Stay Blessed - Ameen

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kit01 said:
Hi Quorax. I do and I believe a lot of forum members appreciate your exposition on proof of landing fees. I just discovered this subject on POF. I recently applied for FSW 2013 on NOC code 2134(chemical engineering). my application was received at CIC/CIO Friday, Sept 6 2013 and received my PER on Thursday, Nov 28 2013. My DD fees was encashed on Thursday 21, 2013. In the PER letter sent by CIO my application will be sent by CIO to my visa office which in this case is Canada high commission (CHC), Accra, Ghana in Africa, that is AVO(accra VO). However I will like some information on the following:

1. Do I need to present the whole POF at the POE. in my case its family of 4 (myself, wife(spouse), 2 children(a boy and a girl). The amount for family of 4 is CAD$ 20,559 - Yes at POE

2. Must it be in CAD$ or any other currency even my Nigerian currency(Naira) equivalent? - IN CAD

3. Can I present it in fixed deposit bank statements, current bank account balances or savings bank account balances? Can it also be combination of any of this account types? - This is ONLY acceptable at Visa Office Stage when POF is required for deciding case , at time of landing Cash or DD in US / CAD $.

4. In my application to CIC/CIO in sept 2013, I submitted fixed deposit statement while my spouse presented current account balances. Do we have to continue in this format with VO and also at the POE? - No Issues , continue only with Visa Office stage.

5. Apart from submitting statements to CIC/CIO, do we still need to present statements to VO or will my VO, in this case AVO re-request for POF? - Do it when they demand for this

6. At what point will the VO re-request for POF? Is it before MR, when MR is requested, after MR(that is before PPR) or when PPR is requested? - It depends upon them / their will , as it varies from Visa Officer to visa officer.- But surely before PPR.

7. Can shares/stocks certificates, pension statements, landed property receipts, vehicle asset receipts and other assets receipts be presented in addition to bank statements, certificates, balances to VO and at the POE? Will these assets be accepted by VO and POE? Please state those that will be accepted and rejected and any other assets you think is acceptable. - Only Liquid Cash , Fix Deposits are considered Cash by Visa Office , while at POE you need Liquid Cash or DD either in US $ or in CAD.

8. can any of the assets above be in addition to the minimum amount for family of 4, which in my case is CAD$20,559 or can it be half-way which is half cash in form of bank statements and certificates and assets(fixed) such as stocks, landed properties, pensions etc as stated above in (7)? - Already responded above

9. what time-frame of statements are usually requested for at the VO and at the POE? I mean 1, 2, 3, 4,5 or 6 months bank balances. what about fixed deposits- will 1, 2 or 3 months suffice? Are they not particular about range, just present balances that equals or above the minimum stipulated for family size. I ask so that I will know when to start building up mu accounts. - Only closing / current balance is required

10. Though it may seem difficult to predict, but I know u are a guru having studied your analyses on issues. When do you think my application will be forwarded or transferred to AVO and ultimately when will I get response from the AVO for MR, PPR and visa issuance? This is asked against the backdrop that the minister promised, and even gazette in may 4 2013 gazette, that henceforth PR starting with FSW 2013 will be processed in 12-month period and already india VO(NDVO), and other VOs such as Beijing, hongkong, some Asian and latin America countries have started issuing MR, PPR and even PRV. Though London VO and accra VO are yet to start issuing MR, PPR and even PRV. What could be causing the delays? - Expect any time , keep on checking your email , no one can predict Visa office working - Even minister cannot interfere -

I will appreciate your urgent response. - You may , if wish drop me PM for any assistance

Cheers,
kit01

navirai55

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
IELTS Request
WITH DOCS 8 BANDS
File Transfer...
15-05-2012
Med's Request
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2013
Interview........
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Passport Req..
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VISA ISSUED...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDED..........
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear quorax
If the visa office writes that the rprf have been processed and review by visa officer is pending does that mean that background and security checks are done.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
navirai55 said:
Dear quorax
If the visa office writes that the rprf have been processed and review by visa officer is pending does that mean that background and security checks are done.
Sir

Order GCM Notes . No one can predict Visa Office working

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sandyfab said:
Ya i wl show Scotiabank statementonly. Is dat ok?
Sir

Yes , stay blessed

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
sandyfab said:
Ya i wl show Scotiabank statementonly. Is dat ok?
Has Scotiabank issued you a statement yet?

Banks in Canada, have a computerized billing cycle and cannot issue bank statements immediately after account opening.

I had investigated the option of opening a bank account before coming to Canada and honestly I saw no advantage of this what so ever.

You still need to visit the branch to activate the account and the fee is still deducted for both sending the money and receiving it in your Canadian bank account.

Regards,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
rizmayo said:
I had investigated the option of opening a bank account before coming to Canada and honestly I saw no advantage of this what so ever.

Regards,
If you are transferring large amounts of money (say 50k for example) there would be an advantage...as some countries have restriction on the amount of cash allowed to leave the country.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
emamabd said:
If you are transferring large amounts of money (say 50k for example) there would be an advantage...as some countries have restriction on the amount of cash allowed to leave the country.
Yes but that restriction is only carrying hard cash. I think a bank draft is a better option to opening your account in advance.

For example you may find that Scotiabank is not conveniently located in your neighborhood and you would prefer to bank with TD.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
navirai55 said:
Dear quorax
No

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rizmayo said:
Yes but that restriction is only carrying hard cash. I think a bank draft is a better option to opening your account in advance.

For example you may find that Scotiabank is not conveniently located in your neighborhood and you would prefer to bank with TD.

Regards,
Sir TD is better than any bank in Canada

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
msaeed said:
Sir TD is better than any bank in Canada
I will say they are very aggressive in their approach (longer hours, many branches with drive through ATM, etc.). But I cannot say they are the best bank. I guess it is a matter of personal preferences, convenience and location. Also they do not have the same packages for new immigrants like some of its competitors.

Regards,