Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.

Reactions: chasinglight

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brilliant post, thanx for sharing. QORAX, u rock.

qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801 <Your case
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
Great post, Qorax! Another alternative - I'm considering wire transferring the majority of the required funds directly to my account in Canada using Scotiabank's StartRight Program (I believe you or some other seniors suggested it in another post). I intend to carry some cash also with me. If the wire transfer goes through, there is no wait for encashing the DD/TC etc., and you can start using your funds within a couple of days.

Having said that, the account opening in Scotiabank is moving at a snail's pace as of now (I applied through HDFC bank where I have an account here in India), hopefully by June it will be done. I shall update how it goes.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Thanx Qorax for the wonderfull thread.
Im having a question: v r the family of 3 (Me, My wife & 2yrs old daughter) going to land by may end. The question is that how much money should i carry, required for 2 or 3 members?

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Qorax:

2 questions-

1) What about those who are living in Canada? I applied through the CIO in Sydney Nova Scotia
a) my husband will be the one landing since I already live here; does he as a dependent on the application need to show proof of funds at the airport?

2) I am submitting a bank statement from a bank in my own country with the application to Buffalo. The account is in my name. Will CIC accept that?

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Thank you Qorax for the valuable advise. It is very much organized and served the purpose.
Thanks again.
Jeby

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
Thank you so much!!!

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooving2canada said:
Thanx Qorax for the wonderfull thread.
Im having a question: v r the family of 3 (Me, My wife & 2yrs old daughter) going to land by may end. The question is that how much money should i carry, required for 2 or 3 members?
Hi,

Qorax has just mentioned above the requirement of funds for each category.

Yours is 3. CAN $ 17,000 would be fine for you.

Good Luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
charmeuse said:
Great post, Qorax! Another alternative - I'm considering wire transferring the majority of the required funds directly to my account in Canada using Scotiabank's StartRight Program (I believe you or some other seniors suggested it in another post). I intend to carry some cash also with me. If the wire transfer goes through, there is no wait for encashing the DD/TC etc., and you can start using your funds within a couple of days.

Having said that, the account opening in Scotiabank is moving at a snail's pace as of now (I applied through HDFC bank where I have an account here in India), hopefully by June it will be done. I shall update how it goes.
Yes, u can very much 'pre-open' a Scotiabank a/c from Dubai, India etc. I had written about it here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

1. It takes around 3-4 weeks to open/organize.
2. U can send the monies directly to that a/c from your homeland.
3. U get an a/c statement, which suffices for the POF@the POE.
4. The a/c will be accessible to u 'only' upon landing@Canada.
5. U have to visit the branch in Canada to 'activate' the a/c.

Qorax

Reactions: smanik

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mahek286 said:
Qorax:

2 questions-

1) What about those who are living in Canada? I applied through the CIO in Sydney Nova Scotia
a) my husband will be the one landing since I already live here; does he as a dependent on the application need to show proof of funds at the airport?

2) I am submitting a bank statement from a bank in my own country with the application to Buffalo. The account is in my name. Will CIC accept that?
1. Your husband is coming under 'family sponsorship' class. Thus, he doesn't require to show any POF.
2. Yes, u have to show your bank statement as per the application package. If u r in Canada -that's a Canadian bank a/c, right?

Qorax

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
qorax said:
1. Your husband is coming under 'family sponsorship' class. Thus, he doesn't require to show any POF.
2. Yes, u have to show your bank statement as per the application package. If u r in Canada -that's a Canadian bank a/c, right?

Qorax

I am in Canada but do not have sufficient funds in my Canadian bank (I am a new graduate with one year work experience in my home country) My dad set me up an account in my home country and I have statements from there in CDN equivalent. I have statements of the 6 months prior to the application. Do I still need a certified bank letter? Do the funds have to be in a Canadian bank?

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@qorax

Nice post captain, u r gr8!

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help----quorax

hai Quoraxx :),
l m worring as u told that BC will take time if omeboy lived abroad.
i too lived abrod for appox.9 yrs in one country.& i submitted PCC or that period o chc nd
my wife & daughter r not indian citizens.
i sent RPRF,PP to chc nd on 13.04.10,now waiting for visa.
will it take loooooong? i am down...
help me.........

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mahek286 said:
I am in Canada but do not have sufficient funds in my Canadian bank (I am a new graduate with one year work experience in my home country) My dad set me up an account in my home country and I have statements from there in CDN equivalent. I have statements of the 6 months prior to the application. Do I still need a certified bank letter? Do the funds have to be in a Canadian bank?
U have declared sufficient funds in your apps package, didn't u? -that'd suffice.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: help----quorax

mrdynamo said:
hai Quoraxx :),
l m worring as u told that BC will take time if omeboy lived abroad.
i too lived abrod for appox.9 yrs in one country.& i submitted PCC or that period o chc nd
my wife & daughter r not indian citizens.
i sent RPRF,PP to chc nd on 13.04.10,now waiting for visa.
will it take loooooong? i am down...
help me.........
Nothing to worry... u had done with your meds, then the PPR was sent, so just relax -in 30-45 days max the pps would return.