Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of Funds email reply from CHC - New Delhi, India

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required
1 - $11,086
2 - $13,801
3 - $16,967
4 - $20,599
5 - $23,364
6 - $26,350
7 or more - $29,337

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;
-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);
-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;
-property valuations;
-vehicle valuations;
-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants. (was in indirect form in this sentence only).

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Thank you very much rocky...

jeby

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this in itself should be enough to state that bank statements are fine.
rocky272727 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required
1 - $11,086
2 - $13,801
3 - $16,967
4 - $20,599
5 - $23,364
6 - $26,350
7 or more - $29,337

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);
-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;
-property valuations;
-vehicle valuations;
-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants. (was in indirect form in this sentence only).

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
Qorax...

I have shares of a company, that i buy through Smith Barney (Citi Bank subsidery), i can view my shares detail online, like I read on this forum and CIC site that stocks shares can be shown as evidence of POF, but how can you show to Immigration officer, do we need to take print out of shares value (not older than a month)

Please advice...

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
rocky272727 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Number of family members
Funds required
1 - $11,086
2 - $13,801
3 - $16,967
4 - $20,599
5 - $23,364
6 - $26,350
7 or more - $29,337

Not acceptable are:

-property valuations;
-vehicle valuations;
-jewellery valuations.

Thanx Rocky for sharing this mail. Can u plz tell me u have sent ur query to CHC new Delhi on whih mail ID?

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
rocky272727 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Number of family members
Funds required
1 - $11,086
2 - $13,801
3 - $16,967
4 - $20,599
5 - $23,364
6 - $26,350
7 or more - $29,337

Not acceptable are:

-property valuations;
-vehicle valuations;
-jewellery valuations.

According to the above information it seems BANK STATEMENT also work as proof of fund.

Beside of the CASH/TC/DD can we also show the BANK STATEMENT as POF at POE.

Thanks Rocky for your information.

Regards,

RPN

majkla

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm planning to land in June. I was wondering if a certified cheque drawn on a Canadian bank would also work as PoF. I'm talking about the same kind of cheque you can sent to the Central Intake Office in Sydney, NS when first applying.

Also thinking about Travellers Cheques. According to the information I found on the internet the maximum amount of money you can put on a single Travellers Cheque is 500 CAD$. So, I would have to buy like 34 of them (landing with 2 dependants). Is there going to be any charge when depositing the money from the Travellers Cheques into a Canadian bank account?

58553CA

Dear Qorax, Rockyyyy and other frdz

is there any problem if i deposit total money into my account in one time(in last moment), and taking STATEMENT for 3 or 6 months.

will they accept it or they will ask any proof of where this money come from?

thanks.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
58553CA said:
Dear Qorax, Rockyyyy and other frdz

is there any problem if i deposit total money into my account in one time(in last moment), and taking STATEMENT for 3 or 6 months.

will they accept it or they will ask any proof of where this money come from?

thanks.
Yes they will. Leave the money in the account until you complete your landing.

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

•cash
•securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
•negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
So if we need to carry all in cash, draft, check form why would they even bother to say that 'If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada.', they could simply tell us to declare the funds. So that, kind of, indicates that bank statements should be fine.

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey rocky waasup bro..

so as per my query earlier.. you say that FDs should be fine. right?
please send me the link so that i can go through that info as well.

Sagar.

saxena.sagar said:
thanks for the info captain..
well i have a query on this topic
if i carry a receipt of fixed deposit of INR 6,00,000 = CAD 13,300 approx and in addition to that cash INR 2,00,000 = CAD 4300 approx then is it counted as i am carrying CAD17,600 as a POF???
And what amount should i declare at POE in this case? 17600 or 4300?

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good question deep9.. my understanding about this topic is ....

POF and declaration of funds at POE are two separate things.
In POF you need to show CHC that you have $11086(for single applicant) in all acceptable forms as mentioned by rocky.
At POE you need to declare how much CASH you are carrying. And thats what needs to be written on customs form. But yes, the immigration officer may also ask you to show your POF documents in original which we had shown to CHC (Actually the officer can demand for any of your original documents, not just POF). This is to make sure that what amount we withdrew from our POF in cash, & how much we still have and just to make sure that the POF wasnt borrowed from someone and we still have it while entering canada.

I would say you can also carry no cash at all, even that is fine as long as you have your POF documents. We carry cash on our speculation on expenses there and tentitive tenure of stay and how fast we expect to get employed.

Sagar.

deep9 said:
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
So if we need to carry all in cash, draft, check form why would they even bother to say that 'If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada.', they could simply tell us to declare the funds. So that, kind of, indicates that bank statements should be fine.

Happyyay

Jan 21, 2010
hi! I need help please. I'm currently working here in Alberta, Canada for 1 year and 10months. On Arranged Employment and I applied for Permanent residency (FSW). Do i Need to have Proof of Funds? which i don't have really. i read from somewhere that if youre on a arranged employment you don't need to have POF. would you be kind enough to enlightened me on this subject matter, thank you in advance.

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I called the CBSA to inquire about the bank statement.
They told me that it would be fine if i carry bank statement.