20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Have u landed ?

ramzy2277 said:
hi all,

I am about to land at Toronto next week insha ALLAH,i was planning to carry 6000 CAD $ in cash and show the remaining of our funds in a bank statement from dubai islamic bank,we r staying fora month or so,then come back,is that acceptable?

I already sent an inquiry to LVO here is their reply:

"They would consider as long as you have access to the money via a card or internet transfer etc."

I am afraid if i make DD, convert from Dirham to CAD $ then after returning enach it to my account again from CAD $ to Dirham will certainly lose alot in the exchange rate......and I am afraid if I go with the bank statement the IO rejects it and denies our entry to Canada?....

Plz seniors and ppl who have experience please advise

regards

Reactions: chasinglight

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
respectall said:
Can you guide me regarding the personal assets declaration Vs Canadian benefits?

Is it true that if we don't disclose the amount of our bank statement, jewelries, other wealth in the form (things to borrow latter) then whenever we bring them Canada, it'll be charged by tax rules. Q1

On the other hand if we disclose our wealth (bring them first time or in list them in things to borrow) then we'll be unable to get Canadian social benefits/relaxation (student loan, low wages benefits, etc..) Q2

Secondly, if we want to sponsor parents again we need to have strong wealth in Canada. Q3

How to balance this ratio?

Your guidance is really helpful.

Thanking you in advance.
Q1 : NO
Q2: NO
Q3 :YES

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013

gabrielsjimenez

Jul 19, 2011
mic_silas said:
hi guys, pls advice. d cic asked for 12 months bank statement. i have sent it alredy but i have fears about it. my balance was 0 in 11 out of the 12 months but my balance in the 12th month is above the required fund(CAD11086) is this sufficient?
hello can I ask question?Is this youre first time to submit your POF?Or they asking you for updated POF?I mean did you subbmit already youre POF together with your application before?Thank you..This is also my concern.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
gabrielsjimenez said:
hello can I ask question?Is this youre first time to submit your POF?Or they asking you for updated POF?I mean did you subbmit already youre POF together with your application before?Thank you..This is also my concern.
CIC can ask the POF at any point of time throughout the process......3m/6m/12m Statements

gtaark

Jun 17, 2010
Hi..I have invested some money in stocks. Is it possible to give a print out of current market value of these stocks? The print out will be on letterhead of the brokerage company.

Has anyone done this or know if its acceptable?

Thanks.

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi all,
Is there any tax benefit or any other advantage to take more money in any manner (DD/TC/CASH) while landing at first time?

If I want to bring more money or more gold in future will it taxable?
Plz advice

Thanks

Juma

coolguy2010 said:
Have u landed ?

nitin240378

Nov 25, 2010
New Delhi - India
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28th April 2103
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
28th April 2018
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2013
LANDED..........
landing on 2nd May
Hi
I have received the letter for medicals today after 3.5 long years ...
Can anyone suggest :- i am holding the required proof of funds in the overdraft account, but it shows the negative balance while taking out the printout as i have a much o higher over draft limit in the same.

Kindly advise
Can i shift the funds in another account
or
Get the certificate from the bank for the clear status of fund in overdraft account (as on date)

Also can we show the PPF Account, Mutual Funds & Shares.

dxbprincesa

Jan 10, 2013
denDbest said:
hi qorax...

My family is planning to land on May and we are coming back after 2 weeks..
Is it ok to bring bank statement from my bank here in Dubai instead of DD?
A friend of mine did the same and she told to immigration people she will transfer the money once she open account in toronto...
WHat do you think?tnx
Did u land and came back? What did you show IO as PoF?

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys,

I am landing in Montreal in 3 weeks, and I will be carrying more than enough cash with me to meet the POF requirements. My question is, however, will they ask me to prove that the money is mine and not borrowed from a family member? The money will be in payment for a project I just finished working on as a freelancer, and I will be making copies of the two checks I am receiving before depositing them into my bank account. I will then withdraw the amount needed to land. Will that be acceptable? I mean how else can I prove that the money really is mine and not borrowed?

Many thanks.

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
They will ask the source of fund.. I think no... you should declare if it is more than $10K.... no need to explain the source.. plz correct me if I am wrong..

better keep some cash and make TC or draft..

Juma

Randski said:
Hey guys,

I am landing in Montreal in 3 weeks, and I will be carrying more than enough cash with me to meet the POF requirements. My question is, however, will they ask me to prove that the money is mine and not borrowed from a family member? The money will be in payment for a project I just finished working on as a freelancer, and I will be making copies of the two checks I am receiving before depositing them into my bank account. I will then withdraw the amount needed to land. Will that be acceptable? I mean how else can I prove that the money really is mine and not borrowed?

Many thanks.

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Not taking more than $10000. Quebec's requirement for settlement funds is much lower than over provinces, so I will be taking somewhat more than the approximate $3000 they ask for.

Can anyone confirm if they ask for the source of the funds and if copies of the checks received are enough?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Everyone,

I and my husband are going to land in August, we have to show 13,801$.

Fix Deposit are allow as a POF? My question is can i show FD as a POF in Airport which is going to expire in October?