waived
Passport Req..
06-11-2012 sent 14-11-2012, received 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012 received 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
09-May-2013
hi qorax...

My family is planning to land on May and we are coming back after 2 weeks..
Is it ok to bring bank statement from my bank here in Dubai instead of DD?
A friend of mine did the same and she told to immigration people she will transfer the money once she open account in toronto...
WHat do you think?tnx

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Dear Qorax

If i take the full amount as a Bank statement of Bank (Nova-scotia) having branches in Canada and some cash without any DD/TC.

May i have any problem at POE by IO

Regards for all ur support

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
denDbest said:
hi qorax...

My family is planning to land on May and we are coming back after 2 weeks..
Is it ok to bring bank statement from my bank here in Dubai instead of DD?
A friend of mine did the same and she told to immigration people she will transfer the money once she open account in toronto...
WHat do you think?tnx
Though a BSO might not ask &/or accept a bank statement, but the fact remains that it's not the accepted norm. It's wise to carry DDs, TCs or cash at a 80:20 ratio.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj chandigarh said:
Dear Qorax

If i take the full amount as a Bank statement of Bank (Nova-scotia) having branches in Canada and some cash without any DD/TC.

May i have any problem at POE by IO

Regards for all ur support
That should be fine.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
theshivster said:
Is there a declaration that has to be signed on landing re POF that you have not borrowed the funds or got a loan? Or do I have to go to a Solicitor and get something like this?
There's no such declaration, Relax!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vijay2013 said:
Hi qorax / All

If someone takes 11k in CAD travellers Cheques , is it hard to cash travellers Cheques in Canada ? Can someone advise or share experience about cashing huge amount of Travellers Cheques in Canada....Can we deposit the whole amount in Traveelrs Cheque to open a bank account ?

Thanks
No issues. But their'd be a huge exch loss at back transaction.

chefsam

Star Member
May 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
4/3/2013
Med's Done....
16/3/2013
Passport Req..
4/3/2013
Senior

I got letter from visa office to submit fresh pof and i am i lakh short so
Can i Show My Provident Fund Account as a POF?
Can i Show National aving Certificate and life insurance as a pof?

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello chefsam, as per my knowledge

you can show My Provident Fund Account statement and NSC (make sure your name is first , as per Indian Tax law 1st name holder is main holder of money) as well
if you can take statement from respective office then it would be better....

good bye

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meelan said:
Hi Senior

Just out of curiosity, is there any concerns if I take more money than required, say C$100K?
U r welcome to bring-in as much as u can/desire. No questions asked... no taxes while getting them. U'd declare it as an 'income' in ur annual tax filing and that might accrue something if u r above the bracket.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I am from Nigeria. I wish to carry 10000USD and keep 10000USD as statement of account. Is this save. Thank you.

Sep 8, 2009
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2008
Doc's Request.
12-06-2009
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Been searching the forum for an answer to showing national savings certificates as POF but even this thread has mixed responses.

I applied for the Federal Skilled Worker class in 2007 from Pakistan. I submitted my application to the Islamabad Office, but it was moved to the London Visa Office now and is being processed there.

In December 2012, they asked for our medical tests and updated proof of funds. I submitted my bank statement with about $12,000 worth of funds and also my wife's property which we plan to sell upon moving to Canada.

However, last night, I received an email stating that they require "further proof of liquid funds to meet the LICO requirement for your expected family size of 4 (CAD 20,654) **proof of property ownership is not considered acceptable proof of liquid funds. Please ensure you show the origin of any new funds deposited to your account(s)**"

Now, of course I do not have the complete amount in cash available with me right now. It's in various investments and savings. I have savings in terms of government-issued certificates (Government of Pakistan's Defense Savings Certificate) in my son's name. Can I use them to show Proof of Funds? Also, I don't remember if they have his name written on them or not (they're lying in the bank locker so can't check right now). But would having or not having the name on the certificate be a problem?

Would appreciate anyone's help on this soon because they've only given me 30 days to submit the new documents. Thanks in advance!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
51747 said:
Been searching the forum for an answer to showing national savings certificates as POF but even this thread has mixed responses.

I applied for the Federal Skilled Worker class in 2007 from Pakistan. I submitted my application to the Islamabad Office, but it was moved to the London Visa Office now and is being processed there.

In December 2012, they asked for our medical tests and updated proof of funds. I submitted my bank statement with about $12,000 worth of funds and also my wife's property which we plan to sell upon moving to Canada.

However, last night, I received an email stating that they require "further proof of liquid funds to meet the LICO requirement for your expected family size of 4 (CAD 20,654) **proof of property ownership is not considered acceptable proof of liquid funds. Please ensure you show the origin of any new funds deposited to your account(s)**"

Now, of course I do not have the complete amount in cash available with me right now. It's in various investments and savings. I have savings in terms of government-issued certificates (Government of Pakistan's Defense Savings Certificate) in my son's name. Can I use them to show Proof of Funds? Also, I don't remember if they have his name written on them or not (they're lying in the bank locker so can't check right now). But would having or not having the name on the certificate be a problem?

Would appreciate anyone's help on this soon because they've only given me 30 days to submit the new documents. Thanks in advance!
Investments, or savings, or funds lying in any a/c, or any product of a bank or any financial inst. is accepted while sending POF to our VOs. And they should in ur name or any of ur 'accompanying' family member's.

However, while landing, the funds should be either in the form of a Draft, TC, Cash or thru a Canadian Bank Statement. We have noticed that BSO's@POE do accept the bank statements of many intl. & reputed banks as well (viz. HSBC, RBS, Citibank etc.).

Qorax

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
chefsam said:
Senior

I got letter from visa office to submit fresh pof and i am i lakh short so
Can i Show My Provident Fund Account as a POF?
Can i Show National aving Certificate and life insurance as a pof?
I showed all my PF statement of last financial year. Surrendered value certificate of all the LIfe Insurance Policies, statement of My PPF as a proof of fund for myself and spouse.

It went well and i got the visa

hope it will help u