12-06-2009
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
qorax said:
Investments, or savings, or funds lying in any a/c, or any product of a bank or any financial inst. is accepted while sending POF to our VOs. And they should in ur name or any of ur 'accompanying' family member's.

However, while landing, the funds should be either in the form of a Draft, TC, Cash or thru a Canadian Bank Statement. We have noticed that BSO's @ POE do accept the bank statements of many intl. & reputed banks as well (viz. HSBC, RBS, Citibank etc.).

Qorax
Thanks, mate! Much appreciated!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I mean can I hold 10000USD as cash and get a Nigerian statement of account on 10000USD that is in my account. Instead of carrying the whole 20000 as cash. Since my master card can be used over there. I will prefer to carry less money. To avoid robbery. I am suppose to carry POF of 20000.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
TJ2010 said:
I mean can I hold 10000USD as cash and get a Nigerian statement of account on 10000USD that is in my account. Instead of carrying the whole 20000 as cash. Since my master card can be used over there. I will prefer to carry less money. To avoid robbery. I am suppose to carry POF of 20000.
That's not an accepted procedure.

waqar333

Jun 25, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
9-July-12
AOR Received.
6-Jan-12
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
9-Oct-12
Med's Done....
22-Oct-12
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
PPR-1:21-Nov-2012. PPR-2:6-Mar-13
VISA ISSUED...
12-March-2013
LANDED..........
23 April 2013
qorax said:
Dear Qorax,
We may need to show about CAD $ 14000/- at our POE, so as option 1) Can I show my Pakistani Pak Rupee bank account statement equal to CAD $ 10000 as POF and 5-10k as cash.
2) DD in Pakistani Pak Rupee equal to CAD $ 10000 as POF and 5-10k as cash.
Or otherwise any other suggestion please ???

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
qorax said:
We did not want to carry too much in cash. God forbid bad thing. Do you suggest we carry everything. What of if we carry 15,000 and put 5,000 in the account.

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
waqar333 said:
Dear Qorax,
We may need to show about CAD $ 14000/- at our POE, so as option 1) Can I show my Pakistani Pak Rupee bank account statement equal to CAD $ 10000 as POF and 5-10k as cash.
2) DD in Pakistani Pak Rupee equal to CAD $ 10000 as POF and 5-10k as cash.
Or otherwise any other suggestion please ???
Waqar bhai your question was targeted to Qorax bro; however, just to clearify one thing bank statements from Pakistan cannot be shown as POF at POE. It should be in the form of either cash, DD, Travellers cheque. I would suggest make a DD or Travellers cheque and some cash is fine

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
qorax said:
No issues. But their'd be a huge exch loss at back transaction.
Dear qorax

with regard to the exchange loss/commission of banks during transaction which one (from bank draft or travelers check) is better/worse.

DilDilPak

Mar 24, 2013
Dear Qorex,

Thanks for sharing details for “Proof of 'Landing' Funds.”

Kindly share your views on following situation.

If funds have been transferred into an account in US bank, having a branch in Canada i.e. amount will be readily available to NEW migrant upon landing and can be verified at POE.

In such situation will a print of online bank statement presented at POE can satisfy the requirement.

Thanks in advance.
IA
***************_

kasa111

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo New york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2010
Doc's Request.
JUN 2011
AOR Received.
JAN 2011
File Transfer...
JULY 2012
Med's Request
AUG 2012
Med's Done....
OCT 2012
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
RPRF PAID MARCH 2013 --- IN PROCESS
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE
LANDED..........
IN PROCESS
hi

i have family of four planing to migrate from usa to canada, how much POF should i have to show at the time of landing (cash/dd/mo/tc in any format). also can i exceed the limt of POF and does my us bank account can be valid as my POF. please help me. thanks

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Dear Qurax,

We are landing very soon and I opted to transfer my pof to my mother in law's account in Canada. My question is, is this alright and do I have to declare it still? I have myself a proof that I transfer it in a wire system of banking. Thank you, hoping for your reply.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kasa111 said:
hi

i have family of four planing to migrate from usa to canada, how much POF should i have to show at the time of landing (cash/dd/mo/tc in any format). also can i exceed the limt of POF and does my us bank account can be valid as my POF. please help me. thanks
here you can find the required PoF amount depending on family size.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

The same link also shows the acceptable formats of POF

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques,
travellers’ cheques or money orders).

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
501 said:
Dear Qurax,

We are landing very soon and I opted to transfer my pof to my mother in law's account in Canada. My question is, is this alright and do I have to declare it still? I have myself a proof that I transfer it in a wire system of banking. Thank you, hoping for your reply.
in my opinion POF means funds at your possession or at your direct disposal...i.e. either in your canadian bank account or in cash or in the form of traveller's cheque/draft check under your name.

when you transfer the funds to someone else..then it isn't directly accessible to you anymore...maybe if she issues you a cheque under your name..then it could be accepted...i'm not sure about that,but just giving you an idea to consider.

Anyway, here you can find the acceptable formats for POF as defined by CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques,
travellers’ cheques or money orders).

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
hi all,

I am about to land at Toronto next week insha ALLAH,i was planning to carry 6000 CAD $ in cash and show the remaining of our funds in a bank statement from dubai islamic bank,we r staying fora month or so,then come back,is that acceptable?

I already sent an inquiry to LVO here is their reply:

"They would consider as long as you have access to the money via a card or internet transfer etc."

I am afraid if i make DD, convert from Dirham to CAD $ then after returning enach it to my account again from CAD $ to Dirham will certainly lose alot in the exchange rate......and I am afraid if I go with the bank statement the IO rejects it and denies our entry to Canada?....

Plz seniors and ppl who have experience please advise

regards

angelruth

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Nomination.....
IN PROCESS on 23-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
30-Mar-2010
Med's Request
26-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2012
Passport Req..
26-Jun-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-Jan-2013
Hi all,
My husband opened an account with Scotia bank and planning to transfer part of settlement fund and show account details and wire transfer receipt as proof of settlement fund. Is it necessary that settlement fund (i.e. Scotia bank account) should be in primary applicant's name? I'm the primary applicant but my husband would be landing in canada along with me. Please clarify. Thank you.

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013
Can you guide me regarding the personal assets declaration Vs Canadian benefits?

Is it true that if we don’t disclose the amount of our bank statement, jewelries, other wealth in the form (things to borrow latter) then whenever we bring them Canada, it'll be charged by tax rules.

On the other hand if we disclose our wealth (bring them first time or in list them in things to borrow) then we’ll be unable to get Canadian social benefits/relaxation (student loan, low wages benefits, etc..)

Secondly, if we want to sponsor parents again we need to have strong wealth in Canada.

How to balance this ratio?

Your guidance is really helpful.

Thanking you in advance.