20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thank you @ qorax :)

drsharma45

Aug 18, 2012
Quorax Sir,
H r U?? I am flyin to canada on PR visa next month from mumbai-frankfurt-toronto-vancouver, all d stops are couple of hours n d flight is connecting just wonderin can v do our landing in vancouver eventhough due to connecting flight v r reaching toronto first?
cOULD u plz help me d sites where i could get best exchange rate. thank you sir

Salmina19

Aug 28, 2012
Hi Mr. Quorax

I want to apply in January 2013 once the application process resumes. I currently have approx. CAD4,000 in my account. Up till January I have 4 months to go. If I inject the remaining amount (CAD10,000) and maintain an account balance of CAD14,000 for the next 4 months, would that be acceptable?
p.s. I am applying for 2 people (me and my husband), which requires a balance of approx. CAD14,000 to be shown.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
Yes, u can. But pls do not forget to carry it's "equivalence figure" vide www.oanda.com.
Dear Sir [size=10pt]Qorax[/size],

I am still in a fix regarding taking "National Bonds" as proof of fund during landing at the POE since as per the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp), the followings are acceptable:

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
- negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)

The bonds are acceptable but only the bearer bonds as per the aforementioned link. As per my understanding, National Bonds are fairly liquid (the money can be transferred very easily to an international bank) but still they are not "bearer bonds" rather they are "registered bonds".

Please shed some light on this issue as to whether the national bonds will be accepted at the time of landing?

Thank you very much in advance and regards

ammaartahir

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
drsharma45 said:
Quorax Sir,
H r U?? I am flyin to canada on PR visa next month from mumbai-frankfurt-toronto-vancouver, all d stops are couple of hours n d flight is connecting just wonderin can v do our landing in vancouver eventhough due to connecting flight v r reaching toronto first?
cOULD u plz help me d sites where i could get best exchange rate. thank you sir
1. No. It'd be done at Toronto automatically.
2. Pls see ur country's options/availability/Fin.Insts. reg. FOREX rates.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Salmina19 said:
Hi Mr. Quorax

I want to apply in January 2013 once the application process resumes. I currently have approx. CAD4,000 in my account. Up till January I have 4 months to go. If I inject the remaining amount (CAD10,000) and maintain an account balance of CAD14,000 for the next 4 months, would that be acceptable?
p.s. I am applying for 2 people (me and my husband), which requires a balance of approx. CAD14,000 to be shown.
It could be Ok provided u don't deposit windfalls but periodically enlarge ur balance instead.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ammaartahir said:
Dear Sir [size=10pt]Qorax[/size],

I am still in a fix regarding taking "National Bonds" as proof of fund during landing at the POE since as per the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp), the followings are acceptable:

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
- negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders)

The bonds are acceptable but only the bearer bonds as per the aforementioned link. As per my understanding, National Bonds are fairly liquid (the money can be transferred very easily to an international bank) but still they are not "bearer bonds" rather they are "registered bonds".

Please shed some light on this issue as to whether the national bonds will be accepted at the time of landing?

Thank you very much in advance and regards

ammaartahir
It should be fine, once again.

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
Hello Mr Qorax, pls advice. I have received PPR from the cic in Accra. I just remembered i dint include my siblings in the IMM008 form. I plan to go to the cic to submit my passport. Can i refill the form and include my siblings as appropriate?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mic_silas said:
Dear Mr Qorax, pls advice. i dint include my siblings in the IMM008 form. What can this result in?
Nothing drastic, but later when they apply & desire ur 'adaptability points' or while requesting a TRV & u submit ur offer for looking after, there might be a mismatch in the info on CIC's system & ur contention.

mic_silas said:
Hello Mr Qorax, pls advice. I have received PPR from the cic in Accra. I just remembered i dint include my siblings in the IMM008 form. I plan to go to the cic to submit my passport. Can i refill the form and include my siblings as appropriate?
U could. But would also require submitting an explanatory letter. U may cite oversight. And this could delay ur processing considerably... for want of b/ground checks.

Qorax

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
It should be fine, once again.
Thanks a bunch Captain for taking time to read through my query. Highly appreciated :)

ammaartahir

waqar333

Jun 25, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
9-July-12
AOR Received.
6-Jan-12
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
9-Oct-12
Med's Done....
22-Oct-12
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
PPR-1:21-Nov-2012. PPR-2:6-Mar-13
VISA ISSUED...
12-March-2013
LANDED..........
23 April 2013
Dear Sir Qorax,
Need your special advices and suggestions. My application history is as under;
Applied under FSW in Oct 2011,
First email was received in Jan 2012 that our application is seems ok and process is being started.
Application status is ‘'in process'' since Jan 2012.
In July 2012 LVO asked for additional documents within 60 days (i.e. schedule-A, PCC and proof funds of last 6 months). As funds were less than the requirement, but I transferred 14000$ CAD in my account and as well as showed my property documents and its real value as 36000$ CAD. All the documents dispatched in start of Aug 12.
Now I need answers of following queries.
1. Have I passed my eligibility?
2. My current funds can satisfy them?
3. When can I get my Medical request?
4. When will start and complete background checks?
5. What is the next? (Step by step in detail, please)
6. What is PPR 1 & PPR 2?
7. How much further time it may take to complete my immigration.
I will be very grateful for your assistance...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
waqar333 said:
Dear Sir Qorax,
Need your special advices and suggestions. My application history is as under;
Applied under FSW in Oct 2011,
First email was received in Jan 2012 that our application is seems ok and process is being started.
Application status is ‘'in process'' since Jan 2012.
In July 2012 LVO asked for additional documents within 60 days (i.e. schedule-A, PCC and proof funds of last 6 months). As funds were less than the requirement, but I transferred 14000$ CAD in my account and as well as showed my property documents and its real value as 36000$ CAD. All the documents dispatched in start of Aug 12.
Now I need answers of following queries.
1. Have I passed my eligibility?
2. My current funds can satisfy them?
3. When can I get my Medical request?
4. When will start and complete background checks?
5. What is the next? (Step by step in detail, please)
6. What is PPR 1 & PPR 2?
7. How much further time it may take to complete my immigration.
I will be very grateful for your assistance...
1. In all probabilities - YES. But 'assessment' could go any way.
2. Sudden large deposits aren't welcome. Pls wait ur IO's review & remarks.
3. Around 3-months from Oct-12.
4. B/g checks have already commenced. It's end get's u the meds.
5. Meds. Thay might ask u queries on POF in between, though I hope not.
6. Applicable for Pakistani applicants since their pps cannot be sent to London [from Pakistan].
7. Around Oct-12 ur file will come out of the mandatory 'wait-queue', give it 3-5 months thereafter.

Qorax

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
qorax said:
1. I can't seem to fathom that [wouldn't know the rules of ur location though], 'coz I fetch drafts always - and get it 'on-the-spot'.
2. Nope. Though my spouse is !
Mr. Quorax , i have to do my draft ASAP since i am landing on 11/09 , pls advise me where to do it , somebody from the forum was saying " Al Ferdan " or " Wall street" ... pls which one is better and giving me the cheque at the same moment ? and how much is the charges ?

also, when i open my acct in the bank in canada , how much time is it taking to get a cash from this account ?

waqar333

Jun 25, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
9-July-12
AOR Received.
6-Jan-12
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
9-Oct-12
Med's Done....
22-Oct-12
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
PPR-1:21-Nov-2012. PPR-2:6-Mar-13
VISA ISSUED...
12-March-2013
LANDED..........
23 April 2013
qorax said:
1. In all probabilities - YES. But 'assessment' could go any way.
2. Sudden large deposits aren't welcome. Pls wait ur IO's review & remarks.
3. Around 3-months from Oct-12.
4. B/g checks have already commenced. It's end get's u the meds.
5. Meds. Thay might ask u queries on POF in between, though I hope not.
6. Applicable for Pakistani applicants since their pps cannot be sent to London [from Pakistan].
7. Around Oct-12 ur file will come out of the mandatory 'wait-queue', give it 3-5 months thereafter.

Qorax
Thank You so much for your prompt response