Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tamzi08 said:
Dear Qorax,

please please please help me. I am a february 2011 canadian experience class applicant. I was told that I was sent my medical forms in july 2011. I never received them and i requested for another form. They said that they mailed out the forms again in september. and upto today I have not received any kind of medical forms from them. But I was able to do my medical and get it over with in December 2011.

My question is, usually when you receive your medical forms does the immigration ask you to pay your RPRF? I'm asking this because when i received my CAIPS notes it said that RPRF - outstanding. I'm worried that they have requested for it and i have not paid it.

Could you please please advise me on this.

Thank you very much
Tammy

Until u pay the RPRF ur file'd be kept in limbo. Whether 'asked' or not - it pays to send the draft as early as possible. Send it NOW.

LILOLME

Apr 17, 2012
Hi qorax , could you please clear this doubt for me..I am getting a lot of different opinions from people and I'm really confused. I am running out of time cos I am landing in Toronto next week and need to exchange my money.. Please help me out

1. People are telling me only a max of 2000 cdn can be carried per passport and the remaining should be carried as bank drafts or travellers cheques.. Is that true?

2. Rite now the dollar price is really high and the black market is selling cdn at market rate, so can I exchange my entire amount in cash from the black market and carry it with me? Or is it compulsory for me to endorse some amount in my passport? I am planning to carry about 25,000 cdn.

3. My wife n me are traveling and so please guide me on whether I can convert and carry the 25,000 cdn in cash? In case I definitely need to endorse some amount in our passports, how much should we endorse? And can we carry the remaining in cash or compulsory as bank drafts or travellers cheques?

Please could you give me a clear picture and guide me on what is the best thing to do qorax. Really need your help here.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
LILOLME said:
Hi qorax , could you please clear this doubt for me..I am getting a lot of different opinions from people and I'm really confused. I am running out of time cos I am landing in Toronto next week and need to exchange my money.. Please help me out

1. People are telling me only a max of 2000 cdn can be carried per passport and the remaining should be carried as bank drafts or travellers cheques.. Is that true?

2. Rite now the dollar price is really high and the black market is selling cdn at market rate, so can I exchange my entire amount in cash from the black market and carry it with me? Or is it compulsory for me to endorse some amount in my passport? I am planning to carry about 25,000 cdn.

3. My wife n me are traveling and so please guide me on whether I can convert and carry the 25,000 cdn in cash? In case I definitely need to endorse some amount in our passports, how much should we endorse? And can we carry the remaining in cash or compulsory as bank drafts or travellers cheques?

Please could you give me a clear picture and guide me on what is the best thing to do qorax. Really need your help here.
1. Ppl r talking bull... u can carry as much as u desire, in cash or otherwise. I bring-in more than what u plan, in cash, frequently... sometimes together with a draft of equal or more amount.

2. No one cares here about what ur pps suggest/state [on the monies front that is]. Re. "Source of funding": As I mentioned before, unless u r carrying bagfulls - no one would bother as well. IRPA & ENF-4 is quiet about the figures, however I'd opine that if u r bringing-in less than $100K - the BSO's wouldn't care less.

3. -ditto, as above-

Qorax
Ps.: The foregoing info has been written by me on this thread [and others] more than 100-times... a bit of back reading would've helped u.

Wisky doodle

Aug 7, 2012
Dear Master Qorax

I would like to seek your advice, this
Is the situation.. Me & my family already done with medicals and is now waiting for PPR. The other day the embassy phoned me & asked for a personal interview scheduled next week, she told me the issue is about our POF. She told me to bring my latest bank statement. Im a little bit worried because last May 2012 believing that right after medical we would be needing dollars for our landing (because our money is in our local currency) so what I did was I withdraw my entire POF and bought dollars and put it in the bank very recently as I am waiting for a good dollar rate. Do you think there will be a problem with the visa officer if they found out that the Bank which I declared in my initial application is already depleted and had transfered the money in dollar account very recently? Please please shed some light.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Wisky doodle said:
Dear Master Qorax

Is the situation.. Me & my family already done with medicals and is now waiting for PPR. The other day the embassy phoned me & asked for a personal interview scheduled next week, she told me the issue is about our POF. She told me to bring my latest bank statement. Im a little bit worried because last May 2012 believing that right after medical we would be needing dollars for our landing (because our money is in our local currency) so what I did was I withdraw my entire POF and bought dollars and put it in the bank very recently as I am waiting for a good dollar rate. Do you think there will be a problem with the visa officer if they found out that the Bank which I declared in my initial application is already depleted and had transfered the money in dollar account very recently? Please please shed some light.
If u can 'link' both transactions [w/drew from one & similar figure, post exch rates, deposited into the other] - u'd be fine.

talktome

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
qorax said:
If u can 'link' both transactions [w/drew from one & similar figure, post exch rates, deposited into the other] - u'd be fine.
Hi Qorax

Is it natural to ask POF after medical? I am also waiting for PPR, but my account dont have all the money that i have showed. So i m worried.

/Talk

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
talktome said:
Hi Qorax

Is it natural to ask POF after medical? I am also waiting for PPR, but my account dont have all the money that i have showed. So i m worried.

/Talk
Usually NO.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I am suppose to bring in about 20,000. I plan to carry 10,000 as cash and get bank statement for the other 10,000. Is it okey like that. Do I have to carry everything. Do I have to get bankdraft compulsorily. Please tell me other acceptable means of carrying fund as
i don't want to carry more than 10,000 for safety at my local airport and to prevent embarrasment.
Please qorax assist. Thanks and God bless.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
I was wondering as how to transfer big amount from Pakistan to Canada.I looked all over the internet but can't find a legal way.Does anyone know?

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
woodworker said:
I was wondering as how to transfer big amount from Pakistan to Canada.I looked all over the internet but can't find a legal way.Does anyone know?
Anyone home?Or the question is too hard to answer?lol

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Dear Master Qorax

I was asked to submit the updated POF with the medicals

2 months r over since i deposited all...but no decesion yet... i wonder if it may be because of POF

1. I submitted original surrender value certificate of insurance cover of about 3 lacs indian Rs (approx 6000 can doller) and Statement of Provident funds for about 5 lacs Rs (approx 9000 can doller) besides bank statement for about 8 lacs (16000 can dollers) indian Rs for the 4 family members.

2. will my surrender value certificate of insurance cover will be consirder hard cash or not by the Visa officer...

3. My statement of Provident funds is about 1 year old as we are issued one in every year by the government thats in september....

will any about points effect my POF statement...or it will be fine

Thanks in anticipation

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear,

From Pakistan, the best way of transfer of funds is as follows:

Go to your bank and negotiate the best price for the CAD from Open Market.
Ask the open Market guy to deliver the CAD straight to the bank,
From your bank make the chas payment in PKR to the open Market guy ( they accept check also)
Then make a DD from the CAD by sitting in the bank.

It takes 2 hours in the entire well-co-ordinated effort.

It is safe keeping in mind Paki conditions.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
irfan777 said:
Dear,

From Pakistan, the best way of transfer of funds is as follows:

Go to your bank and negotiate the best price for the CAD from Open Market.
Ask the open Market guy to deliver the CAD straight to the bank,
From your bank make the chas payment in PKR to the open Market guy ( they accept check also)
Then make a DD from the CAD by sitting in the bank.

It takes 2 hours in the entire well-co-ordinated effort.

Thank you so much for your reply.I checked from banks,they only open in Euros,US $ and pounds.Maybe I don't know the banks which deal in Canadian $ accounts in Pakistan.Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

It is safe keeping in mind Paki conditions.

nhactre99

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Wisky doodle said:
Dear Master Qorax

Hi, can you sharewith us your interview results? Was it really related to yout POF or something else? It will be good for us to know. Thanks.