+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Hello Experts,

I am in UAE, and having an issue with proof of funds:

In UAE no bank or exchange house issue travelers cheque or demand draft for Canada. I have to show proof of fund approx 21900 CAD. Since I will be carrying $10000 with me as cash, how will I show remaining funds. What all are the other options.
I cannot wire transfer as Bank account is not active and henceforth I wont be able to show the proof of the same to immigration officer,

Please advise.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
cruiser06 said:
Hello Experts,

I am in UAE, and having an issue with proof of funds:

In UAE no bank or exchange house issue travelers cheque or demand draft for Canada. I have to show proof of fund approx 21900 CAD. Since I will be carrying $10000 with me as cash, how will I show remaining funds. What all are the other options.
I cannot wire transfer as Bank account is not active and henceforth I wont be able to show the proof of the same to immigration officer,

Please advise.
Here are the options.
(1) Carry all 21900 in Canadian Dollar. UAE Exchange or any other exchange will give you.
(2) Make a DD in any UAE Bank See
http://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/index.cfm/personal-banking/fx/demand-draft/

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Indian applicant said:
Here are the options.
(1) Carry all 21900 in Canadian Dollar. UAE Exchange or any other exchange will give you.
(2) Make a DD in any UAE Bank See
http://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/index.cfm/personal-banking/fx/demand-draft/
I inquired with all the banks and they refused to make DD for Canada IN Canadian Dollar.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In UAE no bank or exchange house issue travelers cheque or demand draft for Canada
Do you mean in Canadian Dollars? Otherwise they do not care what country for you need travel cheques.
Buy in USD. They will accept it at POE too.Just make some room for currency exchange.

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Regina said:
Do you mean in Canadian Dollars? Otherwise they do not care what country for you need travel cheques.
Buy in USD. They will accept it at POE too.Just make some room for currency exchange.
No travelers cheque in UAE.

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Indian applicant said:
see http://uaeexchangeblog.com/2013/07/06/considering-using-travellers-cheques-this-basic-guide-could-help-you/
I went to UAE exchange head quarter and they refused as recently UAE stopped travelers cheque.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
ibrahim0175 said:
is international credit card acceptable as proof of fund @ port entry of canada while landing???
NO.

Accepted methods are:

1. Demand Draft (DD) in $CAD payable at Canada at any bank.
2. Travelers Cheque (TC)
3. Cash
4. Account statement (Canadian Bank) showing funds in your Canadian account, Scotia bank has one program if you are interested in doing this http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4285,00.html

Anything else will be discarded & you will not be allowed to step out of the airport.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi..

I have checked all the operation manuals and official websites and I have found that Bank Statements are also sufficient as proof of funds. I didn't see anywhere where it is written that one MUST carry in cash, DD or traveler's cheque.. Please give me an example where bank statement was not accepted or any documented evidence that bank statement would not be accepted. Any help will be highly appreciated..

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
Owais Iqbal said:
Hi..

I have checked all the operation manuals and official websites and I have found that Bank Statements are also sufficient as proof of funds. I didn't see anywhere where it is written that one MUST carry in cash, DD or traveler's cheque.. Please give me an example where bank statement was not accepted or any documented evidence that bank statement would not be accepted. Any help will be highly appreciated..
Sure bank statement would do. Note nkalra mentioned in brakects (canadian bank).
Many a times, no one asks you to show PoF while 'landing' even though it is a requirement. Is it worth taking that risk ?

C-Smix

Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney-Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
File Transfer...
11-12-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014, ECAS,Med received 29-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi everyone,
I am travelling to Toronto tomorrow. I am getting stressed as the document for POF. This is my first landing and I want to come back a week after. To prevent loss of money in exchange, can I show "Balance Certificate" along with "Bank Statement" from and Australian bank as POF?

I can take cash in Australian dollars but it is too risky for taking large amount of cash during travel.

I do really appreciate for your kind help.