+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

fsarosh

Hero Member
Aug 9, 2012
312
80
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
akosigorio said:
whats the easiest bank as a starter in canada?
TD is the best bank in Canada from every aspect and most of their branches opens from 8am to 8pm whereas the other banks close at 5 pm. Despite all this, i would suggest you to open 2 bank accounts 1 in TD (to put your money and manage your salaries, businesses etc) and 1 in RBC (without making any deposit in the account) for the credit card. The only bad thing is that TD dont gives a credit card to new commers whereas RBC has a special account for the new comers which includes a credit card as well. In Canada, nothing is possible without a good credit history and in order to start making your credit history, you have to have a credit card (which is also usually not given to new comers but only 1 or 2 banks have this provisions including RBC).
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
41
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
adonai36 said:
Hello forumites and seniors,

Please, I need clarification as regards proof of fund. I am an FSW applicant, and my visa office is CPP-O. I just received Medical Mail, and instructions to pay right of permanent residence fee for myself and spouse. But there is also an instruction as follows; Updated evidence of settlement funds (showing 6 months deposits/ withdrawals history) for yourself and your spouse, which indicates a minimum of $17,011 CAD.
My questions is as follows;
1. Is it that the deposit and withdrawal transactions history in the account should be $17,011? Just the closing balance. However you will be required to explain any large deposits in your account in the 6 month statement (to ensure the money is not borrowed or gotten through illegal means).
2. I have got a UK bank statement (I also used a UK bank statement when submitting initially) that has over six months transactions, showing deposit and withdrawal, but the transaction is not up to $17,011, however the closing balance will be $21,000. Which I want to send to CIC, can I present the bank statement? Yes this will work. But you will have to explain any large deposits. For example you consistently had £1000 closing balance in your account each month and in the 5th month you got a large deposit of £5,000. CIC will ask you to explain this as it is not consistent with your banking history. In this case it is better to preemptively send an explanation note for that deposit.

Responses from forumites will be greatly appreciated
 

ranjit7727

Star Member
Dec 25, 2013
113
1
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PROV: 27TH DEC 13 AND CIC 11TH FEB
Doc's Request.
30TH DEC 13
Nomination.....
Sponser interview 4the Dec 14 LOA 10TH DEC 14 received on 13the Jan14
AOR Received.
AAP RECEIVED WITH CIC 11TH FEB
IELTS Request
WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
1ST JUL
Med's Request
9TH JUL
Med's Done....
17TH JUL AND MED RECEIVED 24TH JUL
Passport Req..
AWAITED
VISA ISSUED...
AWAITED
LANDED..........
AWAITED
HI

I am a MPMP applicant, i was been told that POF is 10k CAD but these is no clarity on Website, its showing as 11,115 CAD but that is for Federal Skilled worker.

pls someone clarify, what is the amount required for POF for MPNP applicant under General Stream
 

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
4,336
178
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
ranjit7727 said:
HI

I am a MPMP applicant, i was been told that POF is 10k CAD but these is no clarity on Website, its showing as 11,115 CAD but that is for Federal Skilled worker.

pls someone clarify, what is the amount required for POF for MPNP applicant under General Stream
Sir

Drop email to your visa office , they will clarify

Stay Blessed
 

ranjit7727

Star Member
Dec 25, 2013
113
1
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PROV: 27TH DEC 13 AND CIC 11TH FEB
Doc's Request.
30TH DEC 13
Nomination.....
Sponser interview 4the Dec 14 LOA 10TH DEC 14 received on 13the Jan14
AOR Received.
AAP RECEIVED WITH CIC 11TH FEB
IELTS Request
WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
1ST JUL
Med's Request
9TH JUL
Med's Done....
17TH JUL AND MED RECEIVED 24TH JUL
Passport Req..
AWAITED
VISA ISSUED...
AWAITED
LANDED..........
AWAITED
msaeed said:
Sir

Drop email to your visa office , they will clarify

Stay Blessed
Do you have any idea on the same
 

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
4,336
178
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
ranjit7727 said:
Do you have any idea on the same
Dear Ranjit

No idea , its better to ask the Boss
Drop email to your visa office

Stay Blessed
 

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
2,181
236
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
fsarosh said:
TD is the best bank in Canada from every aspect and most of their branches opens from 8am to 8pm whereas the other banks close at 5 pm. Despite all this, i would suggest you to open 2 bank accounts 1 in TD (to put your money and manage your salaries, businesses etc) and 1 in RBC (without making any deposit in the account) for the credit card. The only bad thing is that TD dont gives a credit card to new commers whereas RBC has a special account for the new comers which includes a credit card as well. In Canada, nothing is possible without a good credit history and in order to start making your credit history, you have to have a credit card (which is also usually not given to new comers but only 1 or 2 banks have this provisions including RBC).
While having credit cards is certainly helpful in many things, but remember they also have very high interest rates.
Try to build credit but be reminded that they want consumers to be in debt, so be careful when using these cards.

Credit builds over time automatically, it's not a big thing. The important thing is to be responsible so that you're not stuck with debt, which the majority of Canadians are stuck with, as they spend too much with credit cards widely available.
 

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
79
9
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi Guys,

I am travelling in few days and my spouse and children will accompany me later after 4-5 months. I have a question regarding POF's..

My consultant told me that I can carry upto $11500 CAD as of now as I am travelling alone.
So guys plz let me know is it enough to carry $11500 CAD as of now. I read somewhere that I need to carry all the funds as we are a family of 4, I need to carry $20,599 CAD.
 

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
2,291
98
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
sam439 said:
Hi Guys,
I am travelling in few days and my spouse and children will accompany me later after 4-5 months. I have a question regarding POF's..
My consultant told me that I can carry upto $11500 CAD as of now as I am travelling alone.
So guys plz let me know is it enough to carry $11500 CAD as of now. I read somewhere that I need to carry all the funds as we are a family of 4, I need to carry $20,599 CAD.
at the time of landing, the principle applicant must show the proof of funds regardless of accompanying family members. once principle applicant is through, there'll be no POF required for the rest of the family members whenever they enter CANADA.
 

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
2,291
98
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Goingnorth said:
What's the best way to show that the funds are light at POE . It's hard to take all the evidence
read the first post of this topic. qorax explained very authentically.
 

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
2,291
98
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
qorax said:
*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
 

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
2,291
98
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Goingnorth said:
He didn't say in his post about how to show them that the funds are ligit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

These funds could be in the form of:
cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
 

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
4,336
178
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
mute_man said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

These funds could be in the form of:
cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).
Sirs

At the time of landing you need to show them either CASH or DD in your or in name of any depended who is travelling with you , and present at that time

Stay Blessed