Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
therefore, anything that we will bring in Canada should be declare? i'am so confused regarding this matter. :( :eek:

regnard said:
You are right. What I meant was there is an amount where you have to explicitly declare.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jlrp said:
therefore, anything that we will bring in Canada should be declare? i'am so confused regarding this matter. :( :eek:
Read the webpage below for a detailed description on what to declare:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thanks

steaky said:
Read the webpage below for a detailed description on what to declare:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
guys, pls advice. d cic askd me submit 12 mnths bank statement showing that i have d required funds for a single family. out of the 12 mnths in the bank statement, my balance was 0 but final balance in the 12month is up to the required fund(CAD11086) is this sufficient?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mic_silas said:
guys, pls advice. d cic askd me submit 12 mnths bank statement showing that i have d required funds for a single family. out of the 12 mnths in the bank statement, my balance was 0 but final balance in the 12month is up to the required fund(CAD11086) is this sufficient?
No.
It'd denote a windfall, borrowed sum, which might get u addnl queries. If u respond to that significantly [proving that the money was urs] u could get thru safely.

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
hi guys, pls advice. d cic asked for 12 months bank statement. i have sent it alredy but i have fears about it. my balance was 0 in 11 out of the 12 months but my balance in the 12th month is above the required fund(CAD11086) is this sufficient?

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
Just ensure that you have the necessary funds with you when you land in Canada.

In our case, we didn't have "liquid" asset when we applied, but when we were approved and asked to leave...we liquidated the assets and made sure we have enough funds as per guideline.

gcctocanada said:
Hi Captain,

I almost pee'd in my pants I saw "In Process" in my status today, though inside no changes. ;D

Sir, My question is: what will i do? I withdraw for other business the money in my other account that i used as proof of fund, I had 2 accounts used for POF that i submitted 2yrs ago. I only have half of the amount needed as of today. Do I have to put it back again in the Bank the second half now that i am "in process"?

thank you Captain ...

regnard

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-2011
mic_silas said:
hi guys, pls advice. d cic asked for 12 months bank statement. i have sent it alredy but i have fears about it. my balance was 0 in 11 out of the 12 months but my balance in the 12th month is above the required fund(CAD11086) is this sufficient?
That could raise a potential flag, but isn't that what the proof of funds is all about (ie, showing you have the financial means to settle in Canada?).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
regnard said:
That could raise a potential flag, but isn't that what the proof of funds is all about (ie, showing you have the financial means to settle in Canada?).
Borrowed funds r a bane for immigration, especially Canadian.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Wandering Soul said:
Dear sir qorax and everyone...

I am from India.. so anyone could suggest me the best way to carry the funds..?

I am confused between D.D. and travellers cheque :(

which would be the cheapest way..? and which bank or organization..??

please give your valuable suggestions...!!
Dear
Demand draft could be cheapest but clearance and getting money in Canada (bank account) from India will take approx. one month

For Traveller's cheques, on spot encashment but some charges. I suggest to use TC

Keep some cash with you say 20% of the total requirement and rest in the form of TC or DD as per your choice
gud luk

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
asyousuf said:
Dear
Demand draft could be cheapest but clearance and getting money in Canada (bank account) from India will take approx. one month

For Traveller's cheques, on spot encashment but some charges. I suggest to use TC

Keep some cash with you say 20% of the total requirement and rest in the form of TC or DD as per your choice
gud luk
Only a few odd might hit that 1-month, most would be cleared by 72-hrs if not a week at max.

john590

Nov 28, 2011
qorax said:
No.
It'd denote a windfall, borrowed sum, which might get u addnl queries. If u respond to that significantly [proving that the money was urs] u could get thru safely.

captain my medicals were done in mid November waiting for passports from ndvo. I have used some of funds already but at the time of entering Canada i will carry more than required funds. captain please tell me using some of funds at this stage could be risk for visa stamping. I want to know they check our funds before sending our medicals or after medicals are received by them. how long it takes to receive passports back from ndvo. my passports were received by them in Dec.is it normal its more than 3.5 months wait. captain please reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
john590 said:
captain my medicals were done in mid November waiting for passports from ndvo. I have used some of funds already but at the time of entering Canada i will carry more than required funds. captain please tell me using some of funds at this stage could be risk for visa stamping. I want to know they check our funds before sending our medicals or after medicals are received by them. how long it takes to receive passports back from ndvo. my passports were received by them in Dec.is it normal its more than 3.5 months wait. captain please reply.
1. No issues with that funds depletion.
2. U should be getting ur pps anytime now.