Med's Request
March 04, 2011
Passport Req..
May 09, 2011 (received via mail 01 Aug 2011), submit PP on Aug 03, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
11 Aug (received 19 Aug)
LANDED..........
soon
Great idea! So if we open account offshore, we would show up the account balance to custom of CA, as a proof of fund??? Do they accept it?

sugardust

Aug 30, 2011
Hi all,

Hope you can help me out with this >_<

Making my first landing soon.
However, REGARDING Proof Of Funds, I'm completely unsure about this.. i will be travelling with my son and the required POF is ~14,000 CAD.
If we bought 2 bank drafts for $7,000 and I carried one while he carried the other, would both of us still need to fill in the form E667 for amounts above CAD 10,000??? Im a bit confused because the total we are bringing in is ABOVE 10k, but between each of us, we are carrying less than 10k each... would we still need to fill the forms?

Would appreciate any advice/previous experience on this, thanks so much!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sugardust said:
Hi all,

However, REGARDING Proof Of Funds, I'm completely unsure about this.. i will be travelling with my son and the required POF is ~14,000 CAD.
If we bought 2 bank drafts for $7,000 and I carried one while he carried the other, would both of us still need to fill in the form E667 for amounts above CAD 10,000??? Im a bit confused because the total we are bringing in is ABOVE 10k, but between each of us, we are carrying less than 10k each... would we still need to fill the forms?

Firstly, as I have time-n-again observed, why do ppl have trouble/inhibition/anxiety in writing the total funds in the 'Declaration Card' ?

It really makes no difference if u write the total figure of the funds u bring-in to Canada [whether broken into different family member's name or carried singularly]... it has nothing to do with our 'record of landing'... it's all about 'record keeping' by FINTRAC w.r.t. money laundering measures.

BTW, that 'Declaration Card'* that u get on the flight, is for 'one family unit' -- meaning: 'one card for the entire family'. Thus, when it says, "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person - YES / NO", we r supposed to tick 'Yes'... 'coz, all of us would be bringing-in above $10K in any case.

*Pls Note:

A. We don't require to file in the u/m Form E677. It'd be done by the BSO@Customs Desk, if he/she so desires.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf

B. We 'only' require to file-in the u/m Form E311 [Declaration Card], which we'll get in the flight.
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Qorax

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Firstly, as I have time-n-again observed, why do ppl have trouble/inhibition/anxiety in writing the total funds in the 'Declaration Card' ?

It really makes no difference if u write the total figure of the funds u bring-in to Canada [whether broken into different family member's name or carried singularly]... it has nothing to do with our 'record of landing'... it's all about 'record keeping' by FINTRAC w.r.t. money laundering measures.

BTW, that 'Declaration Card'* that u get on the flight, is for 'one family unit' -- meaning: 'one card for the entire family'. Thus, when it says, "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person - YES / NO", we r supposed to tick 'Yes'... 'coz, all of us would be bringing-in above $10K in any case.

*Pls Note:

A. We don't require to file in the u/m Form E677. It'd be done by the BSO @ Customs Desk, if he/she so desires.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf

B. We 'only' require to file-in the u/m Form E311 [Declaration Card], which we'll get in the flight.

Qorax
Hi Sir qorax!

Do you have the copy of declaration card that we get on flight? If the card asks "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" then one should answer no when the person is not carrying $10,000 or more when travelling together as family. Thats what I think....

Can you please provide the copy of declaration / landing card?

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugardust said:
Hi all,

You do not need to fill the forms E667 because each person is carrying less than $10,000 and in landing card also say no to "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" because each person is carrying less than $10,000

here is the copy of card you will get on airport or flight

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sir Qorax.

With respect Sir,

I have found the card.

I disagree with you here because the card clearly asks

"Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person"

so one should say no if each person is carrying less than $10,000 (even the card is for one family unit)

And the instructions on the card also says

All travellers must be identified on a
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Declaration Card. You may list up to four
people living at the same address on one
card. Each traveller is responsible for
his or her own declaration.

So each traveller is responsible for his or her own declaration, you know I mean.

Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
qorax said:
With an AEO u do not need to show POF.
just wondering, what if you applied under FSW1 and along the line you had a job offer and obtained AEO (but didn't inform VO). Do you still need to show POF? Does the landing docs show which category one applied under (FSW1/FSW2)? Mandie

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pittabread said:
@ Qorax.

I have found the card.

I disagree with you here because the card clearly asks

"Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person"

so one should say no if each person is carrying less than $10,000 (even the card is for one family unit)

And the instructions on the card also says

All travellers must be identified on a
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Declaration Card. You may list up to four
people living at the same address on one
card. Each traveller is responsible for
his or her own declaration.

So each traveller is responsible for his or her own declaration, you know I mean.

Thanks
qorax said:
Good for u Pita... Disagreement is healthy... but does it solve the purpose? The moot point is why to fret over 'declaring' - it means nothing... that's what that post [which u r referring] is all about.

U, obviously, missed the point, Sir !

BTW, u can choose to fill-up multiple 'declaration cards' for each family member, or fill-up one - and do away with it. And if u 'tick' that box - what do u think would happen?

TC
Qorax

khalid_ejaz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
First Islamabad then London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-2010
Passport Req..
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2011
Hi Qorax!

Dear can you answer my following question:

I received PPR step 1 letter in pakistan. (from london office). Can i travel to UK (I have a student visa) and submit passports from there?

(submitting passports takes longer from pakistan as sending passport out of the country is not allowed. so it is divided in 2 step process.)

If possible, how long will it take to get visa from uk if i submit passports in person in london office.

Thank you.

(Sorry for asking in wrong thread)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khalid_ejaz said:
Hi Qorax!

Dear can you answer my following question:

I received PPR step 1 letter in pakistan. (from london office). Can i travel to UK (I have a student visa) and submit passports from there?

(submitting passports takes longer from pakistan as sending passport out of the country is not allowed. so it is divided in 2 step process.)

If possible, how long will it take to get visa from uk if i submit passports in person in london office.

Thank you.

(Sorry for asking in wrong thread)
1. I'm not sure about the Isb-Lon process.
2. Does your PPR specify that [direct submission of pps]?
3. If not, u should Xcheck with your VO.
4. BTW, for CHC-London applicants, we have the option of submitting pps personally.
5. In such a case, it takes 2 weeks max to get the stamping. Many a times it gets ready within a week itself.

Regrets, I couldn't answer u better.
Qorax

khalid_ejaz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
First Islamabad then London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-2010
Passport Req..
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2011
Thanks dear for the reply.

This is the statement of the PPR email:

We are now ready to issue your permanent residence visas. Please find a letter attached with full instructions on how to submit the required documentation. Please ensure that you read the instructions carefully and submit the Updated Information Chart and photographs along with clear photocopies of your passports. Please do not submit your passports at this stage.

We look forward to receiving the documents within 45 days of the date of this email.

The attached pdf letter includes following direction:

Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of
Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in
London. Due to limitations in our present computer system, the issuance of your permanent resident visa will be
a two step process.
Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have
reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.
Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The
Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it
will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan.
If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you.
Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.

A couple of days after sending the requested documents, i received UK Student Visa.

4. BTW, for CHC-London applicants, we have the option of submitting pps personally.
Do you need an appointment to go to embassy to submit personally and on what days? (i heard only thursdays, right?)

qorax said:
1. I'm not sure about the Isb-Lon process.
3. If not, u should Xcheck with your VO.
5. In such a case, it takes 2 weeks max to get the stamping. Many a times it gets ready within a week itself.

Regrets, I couldn't answer u better.
Qorax

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

If 2 family members are travelling together and they have chosen to fill one landing card and they are carrying $7000 each (total amount required for 2 people is $13,837) then one should say no to this question "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" because each one is carrying $7000 each which is less than $10,000

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

at the time of applying our application included 4 persons however we had a baby which would mean our POF has to be increased. Will the visa office notify us to do this at some point, as i have not received any request as yet.

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir, I think I have not missed the point?

I have one simple question?

If 2 family members are travelling together and they have chosen to fill one landing card and they are carrying $7000 each (total amount required for 2 people is $13,837) then one should say no to this question "Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" because each one is carrying $7000 each which is less than $10,000

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks

qorax said:
Good for u Pita... Disagreement is healthy... but does it solve the purpose? The moot point is why to fret over 'declaring' - it means nothing... that's what that post [which u r referring] is all about.

U, obviously, missed the point, Sir !

BTW, u can choose to fill-up multiple 'declaration cards' for each family member, or fill-up one - and do away with it. And if u 'tick' that box - what do u think would happen?

TC
Qorax

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
pittabread said:

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks
I think you indeed missed Qorax's point...The father/mother and son travelling will need to fill only one form (as a family unit, living at the same address). As such on the ONE declaration form, they (both on concesus) will state "We are bringing into Canada...Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value
totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person.
(ie, per person here is synonymous to per family unit)...and the box to tick will be YES cos the total sum will be 14 k.
Qorax was thus alluding to the fac that people often time worry about declaring the funds over 10k, it shouldn't be so as this has nothing to do with record of landing. However If this family is still uncomfortable to declare the total 14k, they can fill seperate forms and tick no.
I dont see where ur disagreement on this issue is coming from....Mandie