AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
We're about to submit our application this friday if everything goes according to plan. (I live in the US with my wife presently as a legal US Greencard holder)

My first question:

I'm not a skilled worker so I want to double check and make sure this will be okay to submit as proof of income:

1) A letter detailing my intended rough estimate of return (Fall of 2019), along with a detailed plan about saving for the move, travel, etc. and explaining my employment history in the hospitality field and my confidence that I'll be able to obtain a job in that field after I return due to said experience.
2) Paystubs from both myself and my wife from the last 2 months
3) A letter from my mom, signed with a copy of her most recent utility bill (to prove residence at that address) stating that she commits to house us upon our return, no charge.

Do you think that will be good enough? If not, what else can I add? We have nothing to our name, not even the car we have as we pay monthly for it.

Second:

As for Proof of return, I'm a bit confused. Do we need to submit a detailed plan? It does not state on the checklist nor any of the forms that I must include a detailed reason (Unless I'm missing it?). The only thing I see is on Form IMM5532E which asks when I last lived in Canada, Where I intend to live and when I intend to return to Canada. (Which I'm putting Fall 2019 as I was told putting "When the application is approved" is not a good idea, although that is when I'll be returning, or do they need an exact date?). It is safe to assume that less is more in this case and to only provide what they are asking?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
The kind of proof of planning for return that CIC is looking for is things like quotes from moving companies, letters from employers indicating that you've told them you will be leaving, etc. Just filling out a form is generally not acceptable. They want to see you're planning on getting rid of the things that you cannot move, making plans for the move itself, and have planned out the essentials in Canada.

- Do you have a job in Canada or are you looking for one? Provide proof.
- How will you move your belongings? Will you rent a U-Haul? Provide a quote.
- Have you told your employer? Have them write you a letter.

The date part is always a concern because of the application process. Fall of 2019 is probably a good estimate to be safe.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
The kind of proof of planning for return that CIC is looking for is things like quotes from moving companies, letters from employers indicating that you've told them you will be leaving, etc. Just filling out a form is generally not acceptable. They want to see you're planning on getting rid of the things that you cannot move, making plans for the move itself, and have planned out the essentials in Canada.

- Do you have a job in Canada or are you looking for one? Provide proof.
- How will you move your belongings? Will you rent a U-Haul? Provide a quote.
- Have you told your employer? Have them write you a letter.

The date part is always a concern because of the application process. Fall of 2019 is probably a good estimate to be safe.
I guess I'm confused cause no where does it state to go into detail. Where would I attach this additional detail? (With the IMM5532 or elsewhere?). Also it's hard to apply for jobs when I'm not certain when I'll be moving for sure. Could I refer back to my mother's letter as proof that she is aware and attach a letter from my manager that they're aware that I'm going through immigration and don't plan to be there past fall of 2019? Would that be enough? We're basically selling all belongings so we dont need a uhual. We're only bringing clothes, important documents and trinkets that will most likely just be brought up prior to the move. Our bed and such is being left with to our friend whom we live with as my mom has my old things still in my old room. I don't use my Canadian bank account as it's too costly to transfer to it. I would show I have an account but worried cause it's joint that they will question my mom's bill payments through it unless you think if I explained it's joined that it wouldn't cause an issue?

What I planned on doing was writing how my mom has committed to me living back with her and referring back to the letter in the proof of income part, a detailed plan of action on how we are setting aside such and such amount weekly to save for the move, a brief overview of my employment history in a field I've been in for almost 6 years and providing my banking information to my bank in Canada as another tie.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I guess I'm confused cause no where does it state to go into detail. Where would I attach this additional detail? (With the IMM5532 or elsewhere?). Also it's hard to apply for jobs when I'm not certain when I'll be moving for sure. Could I refer back to my mother's letter as proof that she is aware and attach a letter from my manager that they're aware that I'm going through immigration and don't plan to be there past fall of 2019? Would that be enough? We're basically selling all belongings so we dont need a uhual. We're only bringing clothes, important documents and trinkets that will most likely just be brought up prior to the move. Our bed and such is being left with to our friend whom we live with as my mom has my old things still in my old room. I don't use my Canadian bank account as it's too costly to transfer to it. I would show I have an account but worried cause it's joint that they will question my mom's bill payments through it unless you think if I explained it's joined that it wouldn't cause an issue?

What I planned on doing was writing how my mom has committed to me living back with her and referring back to the letter in the proof of income part, a detailed plan of action on how we are setting aside such and such amount weekly to save for the move, a brief overview of my employment history in a field I've been in for almost 6 years and providing my banking information to my bank in Canada as another tie.
So the checklist doesn't say "attach proof" but this forum is a resource where you can ask a question like "have I provided enough proof?" and people who have been through your process, and didn't attach enough proof, and who were told by CIC to attach more things and provide evidence of certain things can tell you those experiences. If you search the forum, you'll find plenty of examples of Canadians being told a vague statement of "I will move back eventually, and I can live with my mom" was not accepted by CIC as enough proof and they were told to provide evidence of severing ties in their current country of residence and moving belongings, selling assets, etc.

That letter from your manager will count as proof of severing ties. A revised resume and cover letter with a letter of explanation saying that you'll use it to apply for jobs will help. A letter saying that you're selling all your belongings will help demonstrate that you're cutting ties with your current country of residence. Detail that you're leaving the bed with a friend, etc. What you've written above will help convince your CIC VO that you are actually moving.

Read through other threads here and see what other people have heard from CIC and what evidence they submitted. Research their experiences. CIC's processes are sometimes not detailed in the checklist, and without this forum, we wouldn't be able to proactively know what they are expecting.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
I'm
So the checklist doesn't say "attach proof" but this forum is a resource where you can ask a question like "have I provided enough proof?" and people who have been through your process, and didn't attach enough proof, and who were told by CIC to attach more things and provide evidence of certain things can tell you those experiences. If you search the forum, you'll find plenty of examples of Canadians being told a vague statement of "I will move back eventually, and I can live with my mom" was not accepted by CIC as enough proof and they were told to provide evidence of severing ties in their current country of residence and moving belongings, selling assets, etc.

That letter from your manager will count as proof of severing ties. A revised resume and cover letter with a letter of explanation saying that you'll use it to apply for jobs will help. A letter saying that you're selling all your belongings will help demonstrate that you're cutting ties with your current country of residence. Detail that you're leaving the bed with a friend, etc. What you've written above will help convince your CIC VO that you are actually moving.

Read through other threads here and see what other people have heard from CIC and what evidence they submitted. Research their experiences. CIC's processes are sometimes not detailed in the checklist, and without this forum, we wouldn't be able to proactively know what they are expecting.
Do you think it's possible I could also include that due to the current administration and my wife actually identiting as a male or non binary person (and perhaps a letter from a theapist in a group they go too) that it's a further drive to move to a country of acceptance. That as a lgbt couple we have a bigger pull to move to Canada due to these reversing of laws or threats too? I say wife cause by law I have to submit what they are on their birth certificate as they haven't gone through any changes nor are they on anything presently. It's a wild card but figured I'd ask that as well. Because it is true, we do not feel safe here in the US and it's a huge reason why we are moving back.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I'm

Do you think it's possible I could also include that due to the current administration and my wife actually identiting as a male or non binary person (and perhaps a letter from a theapist in a group they go too) that it's a further drive to move to a country of acceptance. That as a lgbt couple we have a bigger pull to move to Canada due to these reversing of laws or threats too? I say wife cause by law I have to submit what they are on their birth certificate as they haven't gone through any changes nor are they on anything presently. It's a wild card but figured I'd ask that as well. Because it is true, we do not feel safe here in the US and it's a huge reason why we are moving back.
No because then you're starting to raise issues that relate to a refugee case and not actually addressing the plan of how you plan to move back, which is more like "we will sell this and rent that and drive there."

It would be extraneous information for the question.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
No because then you're starting to raise issues that relate to a refugee case and not actually addressing the plan of how you plan to move back, which is more like "we will sell this and rent that and drive there."

It would be extraneous information for the question.
Okay