+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
Hello

If I have a valid co-op work permit and I apply to Federal skilled worker program before my co-op work permit expires, Do I have to show a proof of funds? The condition of the program is:

Proof of funds
You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you
If my co op work permit has not expired yet, I am able to work in Canada, so I do not have to show proof of funds, provided I apply before my co op work permit expires, as far as I m concerned, it is very clear, but I may understand something wrong, Am I right?

Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

If I have a valid co-op work permit and I apply to Federal skilled worker program before my co-op work permit expires, Do I have to show a proof of funds? The condition of the program is:

Proof of funds
You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you
If my co op work permit has not expired yet, I am able to work in Canada, so I do not have to show proof of funds, provided I apply before my co op work permit expires, as far as I m concerned, it is very clear, but I may understand something wrong, Am I right?

Thank you in advance
You show proof of funds. You are a student. You are not working on a closed work permit with LMIA.

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

Proof of funds

Thank you in advance
Most do not qualify for FSWP right after they finish the course work so would not have graduated if co-op is part of their degree. Most will not qualify for FSWP until they have their PGWP and have worked for up to multiple years. What would your CRA score if you left school before you completed your co-op so wouldn’t be finished your degree, what would your score be if you did do your co-op and graduate, what would your CRS score be after you get a PGWP and work for a year in Canada, etc.?

Reactions: bobo244

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
Most do not qualify for FSWP right after they finish the course work so would not have graduated if co-op is part of their degree. Most will not qualify for FSWP until they have their PGWP and have worked for up to multiple years. What would your CRA score if you left school before you completed your co-op so wouldn’t be finished your degree, what would your score be if you did do your co-op and graduate, what would your CRS score be after you get a PGWP and work for a year in Canada, etc.?
Yes, I qualify. thank you for your answer.