+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a question about proof of funds in my study permit application.

So, when I was filling the application form for study permit IMM1294, I was a bit confused by "Tuition", "Room and board", "Other", and "Funds available for my stay" blanks. I was trying to understand if I need to write the amount of money needed only for a year or for all years of studying. From one point of view, my country's visa instructions for study permit say that I have to prove the amount of money only for a one year of studying, but on the other hand everyone on the internet tells to prove the amount of money for all years of studying. Unfortunately, for now I only have the amount of money available for one year of studying - $CAD30.000, and for me it is required to have a minimum of $CAD25.000 / year($CAD15.000 for tuition and $CAD for room and board / year). Is it going to be ok to determine the amount of money that I need only for a one year of studying in my application form, and if so, would $CAD30.000 be satisfying for visa officer? Also, will my proof of funds be stronger, if my parents have a good salary of $CAD5.500/month, and have a real estate, which was bought only for the purpose of investing money?

Thank you.