+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Jul 16, 2021
Is there a chance of me getting my study permits approved when my parents currently have about 28,000 Canadian dollars in their accounts instead of the required 36,000 Canadian dollars (annual tuition + expenses) but included a letter of undertaken stating assets and businesses such as the ownership of an appartment building that generates monthly income in addition to their regular incomes from their jobs.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Is there a chance of me getting my study permits approved when my parents currently have about 28,000 Canadian dollars in their accounts instead of the required 36,000 Canadian dollars (annual tuition + expenses) but included a letter of undertaken stating assets and businesses such as the ownership of an appartment building that generates monthly income in addition to their regular incomes from their jobs.
No one can answer this. Its up to VO to make that determination. However, you have chance when you meet POF requirement to avoid being refused because of insufficient financial situation

Reactions: CMog

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Most likely not. The minimum requirement is for you to show readily available funds to cover 1st year tution and living expenses.
If you have applied for a program at an obscure college that would likely not contribute to better future prospects for you, that in addition to lack of adequate funds will definitely solidify your refusal.

CMog

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Well i dont know if this will help but i had provided my parents financial status and it was good,along with their assets,i got rejected but when i provided mine along with theirs and their assets,i got approval so like @simba 112 said,it all depends on the VO.

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hello, guys please I need your help...

I was denied a visa based on

1. Purpose of visit
  2. insufficient asset/finance

1. I graduate with bsc microbiology in 2018
Currently I’m working as a sales representative

I applied for a )postgraduate diploma ) in project management

I was denied a visa

Can I apply for an international business management course ? Or defer my admission and apply to other schools to further more in my microbiology degree?

1. My fiance who's is my sponsor paid my full tuition fee ( 16,000cad )and has 8,700 cad in his bank account to sponsor me also my sister gifted me, 3,500 cad, Authorized gift dead was singed in court
The Total money available for my living expenses is 12,200 cad

My fiancé wants to borrow 10,000 cad from his friend to boost his bank statement for 6 months so that he will have enough for 6 month to sponsor me

Please guys will it be advisable to deposit the 10,000.cad this month to add to the 8,700 cad in his account , then we can print out August statement of account to February making it 6 months

He runs a salary account and he earns 1,230 cad monthly with incentives

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello, guys please I need your help...

I was denied a visa based on

1. Purpose of visit
  2. insufficient asset/finance

1. I graduate with bsc microbiology in 2018
Currently I’m working as a sales representative

I applied for a )postgraduate diploma ) in project management

I was denied a visa

Can I apply for an international business management course ? Or defer my admission and apply to other schools to further more in my microbiology degree?

1. My fiance who's is my sponsor paid my full tuition fee ( 16,000cad )and has 8,700 cad in his bank account to sponsor me also my sister gifted me, 3,500 cad, Authorized gift dead was singed in court
The Total money available for my living expenses is 12,200 cad

My fiancé wants to borrow 10,000 cad from his friend to boost his bank statement for 6 months so that he will have enough for 6 month to sponsor me

Please guys will it be advisable to deposit the 10,000.cad this month to add to the 8,700 cad in his account , then we can print out August statement of account to February making it 6 months

He runs a salary account and he earns 1,230 cad monthly with incentives
$1,230 monthly base salary is way too low... A fastfood service crew working 30 to 35hrs per week nets about $1,600/month. Factor in monthly expenses such as rent/mortgage, utilities, hydro, groceries and there would be nothing left. Suggest to look for other finances such as loans.

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
$1,230 monthly base salary is way too low... A fastfood service crew working 30 to 35hrs per week nets about $1,600/month. Factor in monthly expenses such as rent/mortgage, utilities, hydro, groceries and there would be nothing left. Suggest to look for other finances such as loans.
[/QUOTE
I’m from Nigeria
We have the loan already