+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

queencoxie

Oct 23, 2020
Hello everyone.
For my proof of funds, my dad plans to sell a land he owns and gives me the funds. What do I need to prove this to IRCC. I know I’ll need to show a Deed of Sale and a receipt. But I’m wondering if I need a deed of gift to prove he gave the money to me? Or is the deed of sale enough? Do I also need to provide proof of ownership of the land?
Many thanks in advance.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
Hello everyone.
For my proof of funds, my dad plans to sell a land he owns and gives me the funds. What do I need to prove this to IRCC. I know I’ll need to show a Deed of Sale and a receipt. But I’m wondering if I need a deed of gift to prove he gave the money to me? Or is the deed of sale enough? Do I also need to provide proof of ownership of the land?
Many thanks in advance.
Aunty, what you claim to know is wrong. It's not anyone's business the source of your dad's money. The deed of sale isn't needed. Let him sell the land, transfer the money to you in bank, show evidence of the transfer, do a gift deed and get reference letter from your bank. Simple. That's all.

queencoxie

Oct 23, 2020
Thank
Aunty, what you claim to know is wrong. It's not anyone's business the source of your dad's money. The deed of sale isn't needed. Let him sell the land, transfer the money to you in bank, show evidence of the transfer, do a gift deed and get reference letter from your bank. Simple. That's all.
Thanks for the reply. The aunty was unnecessary.