+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

king89jm

Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone. I will be usinga Sponsor but don't want to be invasive and ask for four months bank statement. Can I just have the bank confirm that the total needed for one year study and living is available to the sponsor? The bank balance is possible more than what I'd required for study so I wouldn't want the individual to feel they are releasing too much info for the process. Would the bank letter be enough? Would it hinder my chances

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone. I will be usinga Sponsor but don't want to be invasive and ask for four months bank statement. Can I just have the bank confirm that the total needed for one year study and living is available to the sponsor? The bank balance is possible more than what I'd required for study so I wouldn't want the individual to feel they are releasing too much info for the process. Would the bank letter be enough? Would it hinder my chances
No you need proof that the money has been available for a long time to show that it wasn’t a loan. a sponsor is usually a parent or close relative so it shouldn’t be a big deal.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
The bank letter may be enough and must contain all the require details by immigration. As said, parents and immediate family are the best and credible sponsors. Therefore, they shouldn't be bother with the information on the statements or bank letter.