Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
is it fine if i submit a bank statement for last 6-8 months but the savings balance ($17000) as required by CIC to have been deposited in the same month in which i am applying ?

or can the details of saving balance be just a week old ..? will that be acceptable or details of savings should be spread over a time ?

plz suggest ! who have done this !

uk2canada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
October 2009
AOR Received.
November 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
January 2011
LANDED..........
May 2011
It depends on how many people or dependents are in your application, normally around 2 to 3 months bank statement will do i reckon.

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
that dint satisfy me...plz read my query again.
i want to ask if i can show my savings balance in the same month in which i am applying is it ok??ie all my savings in the samemonth ?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
dr.anam said:
is it fine if i submit a bank statement for last 6-8 months but the savings balance ($17000) as required by CIC to have been deposited in the same month in which i am applying ?

or can the details of saving balance be just a week old ..? will that be acceptable or details of savings should be spread over a time ?

plz suggest ! who have done this !
The money must belong to you. It cannot be borrowed from someone. CIC are very explicit about that.

If you make a large deposit, as long as the money is genuinely yours and you can prove its source, there is no problem. If this is being transferred from another account then you need to show the details of the other account. They usually want to see it there for a number of months so they can prove you have not just temporarily borrowed it for immigration purposes.

Are you really asking "Can I please defraud CIC by borrowing the money from someone for a few days and show only the balance without statements"? Cos if that's what you are asking the answer is no :) Although my apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick here...

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
dr.anam said:
that dint satisfy me...plz read my query again.
i want to ask if i can show my savings balance in the same month in which i am applying is it ok??ie all my savings in the samemonth ?
Like I said - what's your reason to show it all in one month? Is this your money or are you borrowing it? If it is your money then you just need to show the source of the large deposit.

Wayne.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Well said Wayne. I agree.

Cappuccino said:
The money must belong to you. It cannot be borrowed from someone. CIC are very explicit about that.

If you make a large deposit, as long as the money is genuinely yours and you can prove its source, there is no problem. If this is being transferred from another account then you need to show the details of the other account. They usually want to see it there for a number of months so they can prove you have not just temporarily borrowed it for immigration purposes.

Are you really asking "Can I please defraud CIC by borrowing the money from someone for a few days and show only the balance without statements"? Cos if that's what you are asking the answer is no :) Although my apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick here...

Wayne.

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
haha wayne ! now that took me by surprise lol

no no the money is mine i just wanted to be sure about this :)
i am selling some assets to get the required balance u see thats y asked :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dr.anam said:

Yes that is perfectly fine. IMO show 6 months statements anyway, but obviously there will be a large deposit, so you need to show the sales invoice and ideally original proof of ownership from which these deposits were generated so you can prove these were your assets you were selling.

If you show the statements without accounting for the large deposit they will at best query it, which will delay matters, at worst they could simply reject your application outright.

And sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion but have seen quite a few people try to only show the balance (without statements) because they are borrowing the money from someone, so it seems it is not an uncommon practice! :)

Best of luck.
Wayne.

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
OK GREAT.SO U MEAN I SHOULD SUBMIT THE PROOF OF THE BALANCE WITHOUT CIC ASKING ?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dr.anam said:
OK GREAT.SO U MEAN I SHOULD SUBMIT THE PROOF OF THE BALANCE WITHOUT CIC ASKING ?
If your bank statements include a large deposit, they will want to know the source of the large deposit so they are convinced you have not just borrowed the money and that the money belongs to you.

Therefore you can either send proof of the source with the proof of funds (highly advisable), or omit it and wait until they ask. But IMO they will either ask, or they will fail your application, and personally I would rather not risk it m8 ;)

Wayne.

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
MMM YUP . THANKS FOR THE ADVICE :)

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Wayne,

You've made good advice. Borrowing money is a known practice to CIC. And we can only advice people to do what's right and lawful.

no worries. I hope Dr.Anam have clearer picture now.

Cheers

Cappuccino said:
Yes that is perfectly fine. IMO show 6 months statements anyway, but obviously there will be a large deposit, so you need to show the sales invoice and ideally original proof of ownership from which these deposits were generated so you can prove these were your assets you were selling.

If you show the statements without accounting for the large deposit they will at best query it, which will delay matters, at worst they could simply reject your application outright.

And sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion but have seen quite a few people try to only show the balance (without statements) because they are borrowing the money from someone, so it seems it is not an uncommon practice! :)

Best of luck.
Wayne.

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
yes , indeed
u guys are a real help.
thank u

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dr.anam said:

Ok if that be the case keep the attached the receipts of your assets as prove of source of the money.

I think it will be better.

Hope it helps.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:

Wayne.
Hi Cappucinno,
In my caip Notes the visa officer asked me for a 6 months bank statement, this is because when i sent my full documents balance from my fixed deposit. I choose to deposit the money in a fixed deposit so that i should not be able to use it up and can always show it at any time they ask me. The VO ask for 6 months bank statements.

My question is can i get my tax declarations for the past years to show that he money in the deposit account was money i saved up, before depositing in the fixed deposit? The good thing is my salary passes through my account so i think i should not get into trouble with that. I still have not submitted it because they have not requested it from me yet, i only saw it through my caip notes and other members said i should wait for him to ask first, before i send it.

Waiting for suggestion thanks.