+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

primeo5

Feb 22, 2019
Greetings fellow members,

I am stuck in a situation regarding proof of funds and would like to seek your guidance. Please allow me to explain you properly.

I am currently residing in Melbourne, Australia. On 2nd October 2018, my Australian visa was due to expire so I had to make necessary arrangements to apply for another visa which is now valid until December 2020.

To get that new visa, one of the mandatory requirements was to show and hold funds for 3-4 months until a decision is made. I was out of funds and it was a large sum of around AUD $29,000 so I requested my father to telegraphic transfer the required amount into my bank account. It was all sorted and by Mid-December 2018, visa was finally granted.

Now, after two weeks of visa grant, I withdrew all the amount from my bank account and remit it back to my father's bank account in Kuwait because he required it for a business purpose.

Simultaneously, at that point of time, I was applying for Express Entry and I lodged my application on 31st December 2018. Unexpectedly, I received ITA on 10th January 2019. If I had any idea, I was to avoid withdrawing it and hold it for longer. Well, what's done is done.

The situation currently stands that my Australian bank cannot provide 6 months average balance on its official letter so I have to provide 6 months bank statement. It is obvious that this large influx of incoming and outgoing amounts will be listed in 6 months statement. It will also list down visa fees and other payments made for the new visa.

What should I do about these transactions?

Should I provide a bank statement from 10th January onwards (less than 2 months)? (It will not list these transactions then)

Should I get a new deed from my father declaring these amounts and transactions too and that he can declare that I am free to utlise it any manner? (Which I have and it has nothing to do with Canadian PR)

I am stuck in a loop. Please help me out.

Your kind support is greatly appreciated.

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends, I am in India. Can I show my savings in post office as proof of funds? Is is a joint account of myself and my mother. Please pour in your thoughts.