+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
Hi,

I have been working for 5 years in India. And since 2 or 3 years I have been transferring money to my mother's account for savings.
Now my personal bank account balance and statement does not meet the required funds needed in the Skilled worker program i.e. $12,475.

would it be an issue if i get money transferred from my mother's account immediately and show that large sum of money in my account?

What are the ways by which i can avoid issues in my express entry?

Also, Can you please help me as on when are the proof of funds actually required?

I can cover the amount in 2 or 3 months as i'm still working. I currently have around 7000 CAD in my account.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Your accounts must have enough funds on the date you receive ITA. If there is a sudden rise in the account balance, officer may suspect about the source of the money. You can show gift deed from your mother.

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have been working for 5 years in India. And since 2 or 3 years I have been transferring money to my mother's account for savings.
Now my personal bank account balance and statement does not meet the required funds needed in the Skilled worker program i.e. $12,475.

would it be an issue if i get money transferred from my mother's account immediately and show that large sum of money in my account?

Also, Can you please help me as on when are the proof of funds actually required?

I can cover the amount in 2 or 3 months as i'm still working. I currently have around 7000 CAD in my account.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.
It’s not the day you receive ITA! Its the day you actually submit your eApr post ITA. And yes you can have entire amount transferred from your mothers account with explanation. There is a lot of info on the forum about it

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi,

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I had a very similar issue and I already passed eligibility.

What you can do is the following:
1- The required docs from your back.
2- If your mother is unemployed, which means there is no other income to her account, get a balance certificate of her account with detailed statements.
3- Get a certified cheque from your mom paid to your order.
4- attach all pay slips that you get from your work reflecting your salary.
5- MOST IMPORTANTLY, Explain all the above in your LOE in details.

Another alternative is to take a gift deed from your mom, you can find a lot of posts on this forum explaining it.

Just don't worry if you are honest and straightforward and explained everything in your LOE they will understand.

magento

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.
Gift Deed from your mother is easiest method for you here, do some research on this and you are good to go. You need at e-APR stage only and explain the details in LOE also.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Gift Deed from your mother is easiest method for you here, do some research on this and you are good to go. You need at e-APR stage only and explain the details in LOE also.
Hi,
Could you tell me how old can the bank statements and account opening letter be?
I will get them by 4th Nov and planning to submit my profile by end of November. Will that be fine?

magento

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,
Could you tell me how old can the bank statements and account opening letter be?
I will get them by 4th Nov and planning to submit my profile by end of November. Will that be fine?
They will be perfect, just make sure bank letter is on letterhead with stamp and bank address .If possible attach bank statement also.

caniesoche

Oct 24, 2019
Hi! I have a question hoping anyone would have the time to respond to me.
When it comes to proof of funds, do I need to have in hand the amount required for my common law partner and 3 dependents? Total of 5 persons including myself.
Let's say they are not coming with me to Canada, I am just the applicant. I will appreciate any answers. TIA

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
When it comes to proof of funds, do I need to have in hand the amount required for my common law partner and 3 dependents? Total of 5 persons including myself.
Let's say they are not coming with me to Canada, I am just the applicant. I will appreciate any answers. TIA
Please refer to cic official website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

If you look at the section of "How much money you’ll need" it says:
Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re
  • permanent residents or Canadian citizens
  • not coming to Canada with you
I hope this answers your question.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Yes you do.