+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
6 months ago, I opened a new current account specifically for PR purposes. I did some minor transactions in the following weeks to keep the account active. 4 months ago, my mother transferred 9 lakhs from her FD into my account and since then I have maintained that 9 lakhs balance.

I have got an official letter from my bank claiming that my current balance is 9 lakhs. Will this letter be enough or should I produce 6 month bank statement as well? Apart from that 9 lakhs 4 months ago, there has been no other further transactions.

Also, will I need to produce a gift deed as well from my mother?

Yaadi_787

Dec 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-18
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
6 months ago, I opened a new current account specifically for PR purposes. I did some minor transactions in the following weeks to keep the account active. 4 months ago, my mother transferred 9 lakhs from her FD into my account and since then I have maintained that 9 lakhs balance.

I have got an official letter from my bank claiming that my current balance is 9 lakhs. Will this letter be enough or should I produce 6 month bank statement as well? Apart from that 9 lakhs 4 months ago, there has been no other further transactions. - the letter would not be enough and you have to explain the source of sudden influx of funds which is best done by gift deed. Further you do not need to provide "bank statement" but you need to provide average bank balance for last 6 months in your PoF letter to CIC. Generally, Banks mentions that in the letter requested by applicant. It is upto you whether you want to submit the statement or not.

Also, will I need to produce a gift deed as well from my mother?