+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi Experts,
I am interested in applying for the federal skilled express entry and in order to show proof of funds I have a GBP joint account with my mother. I have full access to the funds and (either or signatory) and she is on board. Do I need to have it stated on a notarized stamp paper that she has given me full access to the funds for immigration purpose?

I will mostly be showing funds in a GBP and USD foreign currency accounts. Is it ok, keeping in mind the exchange rate and all?

Sunapollo

Jun 9, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am posting for the first time here .
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds :

1) If I have a balance of around 5 lakhs and average 6 months balance is around 2 lakhs ... Do I have to explain or give 6 months bank statements? Or only bank certificate as per CIC is enough?
2) I have a FD in another bank , which was opened 1 year back, will they ask about the source ?
3) Can someone please help with a sample letter for showing spouse's funds?

Thanks !

yaminipsp

Oct 12, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,

proof of funds missing phone and email in bank letter

I am in the process of submitting my PR application. One of my bank gave the requested letter with all the details as per cic except the bank's phone number and email id. May i know is this a blocker or i can submit anything supporting the missing information. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have a Loan account in SBI india. Let me explain how it works. I have borrowed 20L from the bank for my housing loan for which I am paying an EMI of X amount per month. This account lets you to deposit a sum for which you will get interest exemption. Say for example , i have 3L in my hand, i can deposit it in this account. If my outstanding loan amount is 17 L , i will have to pay interest for only 14 L .

Now coming to my question. I accumulated the required funds for canadian immigration in this account. Can i show it as my proof of funds?

I have access to this money anytime by cheque book and internet banking. The only thing I am worried now is that as its a over draft account the balance is showing in negative figure.

Can anyone help me with this?

What are my options? Should i move my money to my salary account?

Please help!