+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

juhimoses

Feb 21, 2018
I have created express entry, however I am not sure when and how do I need to submit the Proof of funds. Can anyone please tell me ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And how many months of statement is required prior to receiving ITA? Do I need to have all the required funds since the time I have created the Profile?
Bank statements are not required if your bank letter has all the information that IRCC requires.

You don't have to have all the funds when submitting your profile.

HuyQuang

Jun 1, 2017
Bank statements are not required if your bank letter has all the information that IRCC requires.

You don't have to have all the funds when submitting your profile.
Hi Piero,
Could you give advise my case? I am having a fixed deposit at 15k CAD which is sufficient for me as single applicant. I opened the account last Oct with 15k CAD already available at that time. However, at the time my ITA due, the account is only opened for ~5 months. Is it ok if I use it as POF regarding its maturity is less than 6 months? I intend to include my last 6 months payslip showing the money was coming from my salary.
Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Piero,
Could you give advise my case? I am having a fixed deposit at 15k CAD which is sufficient for me as single applicant. I opened the account last Oct with 15k CAD already available at that time. However, at the time my ITA due, the account is only opened for ~5 months. Is it ok if I use it as POF regarding its maturity is less than 6 months? I intend to include my last 6 months payslip showing the money was coming from my salary.
Thanks!
Yes, as long as you can show where the money came from in the first place it will be fine.

Reactions: HuyQuang

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
;)Hi there. My husband and I are getting a gift deed from my mother in law. Is it possible for us to get into the pool before we get the gift deed, then once we get an ITA can we then get the gift deed and submit the APR/PR application without being considered as having falsified information? In other words should you have the funds ready when you get into the pool even if it's a gift deed?

Thanks in advance for your wise guidance

Dec 21, 2017
Very confused...

I'm applying for Express Entry - Canadian Express Class

I'm already in Canada on a visitor visa as my IEC visa has just ended and have a valid job offer from my previous employer.

Do I still need the $12,000 Proof of funds, as technically i'm already settled in Canada and supporting my family?
Keep reading conflicted messages?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;)Hi there. My husband and I are getting a gift deed from my mother in law. Is it possible for us to get into the pool before we get the gift deed, then once we get an ITA can we then get the gift deed and submit the APR/PR application without being considered as having falsified information? In other words should you have the funds ready when you get into the pool even if it's a gift deed?

Thanks in advance for your wise guidance
You must have the funds when submitting your e-APR NOT when submitting your profile. So yes, you can get into the pool.

Reactions: Nene Zim 17

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very confused...

I'm applying for Express Entry - Canadian Express Class

I'm already in Canada on a visitor visa as my IEC visa has just ended and have a valid job offer from my previous employer.

Do I still need the $12,000 Proof of funds, as technically i'm already settled in Canada and supporting my family?
Keep reading conflicted messages?
Instead of reading these conflicting messages you should rather follow what is stated on the IRCC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29