+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi

I am currently working as a full time employee. If I am sent ITA under CEC, do I need to show proof of funds or should I send current paystubs?

Also, can someone please send me the CEC checklist

Last edited:

femados

Aug 20, 2017
If you are invited under CEC you do not require a proof of fund. you can upload an explanation letter and a current paystub.
The checklist depends on multiple factors i.e marital status, Canadian education, siblings in Canada.

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi

I am currently working as a full time employee. If I am sent ITA under CEC, do I need to show proof of funds or should I send current paystubs?

Also, can someone please send me the CEC checklist
If you are invited under CEC you do not require a proof of fund. you can upload an explanation letter and a current paystub.
The checklist depends on multiple factors i.e marital status, Canadian education, siblings in Canada.
Thanks

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hi Guys, i am currently workimg in canada from November 2017 and now October 2017. Technically i did complete my one full year. Then how come exprees entry profile shows i am eligible for CEC? My CRS is 434. If i receive ITA in next round (Oct 18th) should i accept or decline? Please guide me through.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Right. I am working in Canada as well. When I created EE profile. I wrote 0 $ in How much money do you bring? So i think no proof of fund.

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Hi Guys, i am currently workimg in canada from November 2017 and now October 2017. Technically i did complete my one full year. Then how come exprees entry profile shows i am eligible for CEC? My CRS is 434. If i receive ITA in next round (Oct 18th) should i accept or decline? Please guide me through.
Do you mean technically you have not completed a full year? The EEprofile calculates CRS scores based on complete months so if you put in November 2016 to October 2017 it will count 12 months. If you receive an ITA before actually completing a full year you should decline. Additionally most people advise a few extra weeks over the 12 months before accepting an ITA and proceeding to a PR application.

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
I might've been an exception, but I'm a CEC inland and during my process, I was asked for proof of funds as additional documents. Although all sources are saying CEC doesn't require proof of funds. I sent it anyway and got my application approved.

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi All,

I wrote 15000 as amount to be shown before receiving the ITA, then I received ITA under CEC. Now should i change the POF to 0$ as i am applying under CEC.???
one more question Is any one having the content or pattern of Letter of Explanation which we have to submit for not showing the funds (POF).. kindly reply. thanks.

Don Quixote

Mar 16, 2017
Hi All,

I wrote 15000 as amount to be shown before receiving the ITA, then I received ITA under CEC. Now should i change the POF to 0$ as i am applying under CEC.???
one more question Is any one having the content or pattern of Letter of Explanation which we have to submit for not showing the funds (POF).. kindly reply. thanks.
That's what I did. I put "o" dollar and so there was no proof of funds among the list of required docs. Over 6 months after I got my PPR (Oct 23rd,2017) Now, Wondering how am I going to show the proof of "0" dollars at the border when landing in Canada.???

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
That's what I did. I put "o" dollar and so there was no proof of funds among the list of required docs. Over 6 months after I got my PPR (Oct 23rd,2017) Now, Wondering how am I going to show the proof of "0" dollars at the border when landing in Canada.???
You need to show whatever balance is there in your bank account and take your current payslips and job offer letter

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
I might've been an exception, but I'm a CEC inland and during my process, I was asked for proof of funds as additional documents. Although all sources are saying CEC doesn't require proof of funds. I sent it anyway and got my application approved.
I did the same. I have sufficient fund so I thought it couldn't be bad to show it (and it is rather easy to prove anyway).