+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Umair Maqsood

Apr 16, 2017
Senior Members Need Help!.

Proof of Funds:

My spouse and my child (one) will be accompanying me after receiving PR. Therefore In view to that I have saved around 18,850 (Round 19,000 CAD). Amount is in my account (under my name) since more then four months. The breakup of 19,000 CAD collection is as follows:

1. This year Bonus: 5500 $ CAD (Submitted in my account April 2017)
2. Saving at home (In the form of Cash): 7000 $ CAD (Submitted in Bank Account May 2017)
3. Remaining 6500 $ CAD got from friends / uncles (In the form of Cash). (Submitted in Bank Account May 2017)

Queries:
1. For point number # 1 I can show bank statement since its a bonus from company.
2. For points no 2 & 3 I have no clue how to cater it. Can you please advice me something.

Regards,

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Hi there,

If the cash from 2 & 3 is already in a bank account, this will be shown in the statement. So, what would be the problem ?

Umair Maqsood

Apr 16, 2017
Since the amount is already in bank and will be shown in statement. I was wondering if visa officer will inquire about the money trail and how I got this money. Since I was saving this money at my home in the form of cash. Can you please advice how to deal with it.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
I never heard of officers tracing where your money in your bank account came from...

Think most people get money in cash and they deposit it in the bank. So it´s ok.

Umair Maqsood

Apr 16, 2017
Thank You Helena for your positive feedback. Just made my day

Just last thing, What exactly I shall upload as a first document for Proof of Funds. A Letter from bank stating my closing balance or a Letter from bank including few months back bank statement

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
If you can show previous statements and current one it´s better.
Dear Helena

I need your help regarding the proof of funds average and closing balance. The scenario is such that I expect to receive my ECA by December 2018 (remaining formalities such as IELTS etc are done) after which I would immediately apply for PR. Currently I don't have the required amount for proof of funds. However by December 2018, I will be able to show the required amount which will show normal credits of monthly salary.
So the question is that if I manage my Proof of Funds situation in the above mentioned manner, is it acceptable?

Related personal experience of your if any would help.

Thanks
Rameez