+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
Hello,
Wanted to ask if you actually need to have those money in your bank account through all the process till you get visa or is it just enough to have them as you make proof that you have them and then you can take them out?

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
marmaliade said:
Hello,
Wanted to ask if you actually need to have those money in your bank account through all the process till you get visa or is it just enough to have them as you make proof that you have them and then you can take them out?
The money has to be there until you get your visa.

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of the cases VO call the bank to confirm the balance in your bank account.

So make sure to keep the money until you get back your passport along with visa stamped on it.

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
SunnyDXB said:
Most of the cases VO call the bank to confirm the balance in your bank account.

So make sure to keep the money until you get back your passport along with visa stamped on it.
i very much doubt that .. bank in usa will not give account information to anyone except fbi, irs etc.. if the vo has any doubt then he/she will ask for another statement .. but won't call ur bank ..

Spree

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
You need to have the money in your account. I found this out the hard way and my visa was refused. I had to use some of the funds for medical reasons and didn't have enough of the required amount. So please don't make the same mistake I made. If not I would have had ny visa by now.