+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

Ziad123

Sep 6, 2009
I submitted bank statements to the consulate to prove my funds.

They replied back to me saying that they still require proof of funds. Do I send them a letter explaining how my expenses will be covered? Will that satisfy their conditions?

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi,

Was your bank document was officially (bank) certified one ? How much old the account was? you can also draw your financial plan, based on realistic facts and figures and try to satisfy the IO.

Ziad123

Sep 6, 2009
Bozica said:
Hi,

Was your bank document was officially (bank) certified one ? How much old the account was? you can also draw your financial plan, based on realistic facts and figures and try to satisfy the IO.
The account was from July to the last 4 months, because thats when i applied. The bank statements were from a bank, so they were certified. Shall i just send them a letter from my bank explaining that this is certified and that I can pay for the expenses for my stay in Canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ziad123 said:
Bozica said:
Hi,

The account was from July to the last 4 months, because thats when i applied. The bank statements were from a bank, so they were certified. Shall i just send them a letter from my bank explaining that this is certified and that I can pay for the expenses for my stay in Canada?
It should be an official certification from the bank which includes when the account was opened and how much current balance it has. If you gave certificate of only the last four months then they could suspect that you just made the deposit, in a way built the account within the last four months, for the sole purpose of supporting your application.

Ziad123

Sep 6, 2009
My Bank sent them a certificate saying that my parent possesses the financial means to pay for the tuition and living expenses during my university studies.

Is this okay?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ziad123 said:
My Bank sent them a certificate saying that my parent possesses the financial means to pay for the tuition and living expenses during my university studies.

Is this okay?

So the bank certification was not in your name?

Mugen1990

Nov 17, 2008
Calgary, AB
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
mine was also not in my name, it was in my father's name and i got visa.

@ziad
i think thts ok

biba

Feb 22, 2007
If the embassy has asked for more proof of funds why not send the most recent certified copy of the bank certificate or statement. They may just want to verify that the funds are still available u can also ask ur bank to attach a letter to the document.