+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds..

Feb 26, 2009
I have applied from Germany and I have to show the required proof of funds by 17th April, does it really hurt my chances if i show the required proof for certain time, as i am only working for the last few months i dont have enough reserves and i would like to borrow it from a friend for some time and show the funds in my account, ideally how long should one keep the funds in the account and is just a letter from my bank stating that i have XYZ $ on XXX date is enough..

C

cchabert

The proof of funds are in 2 stages:

1.- When CIC ask you to show your funds to process your application, some people just send the letter from the Bank, but some also add one or two months of bank staments. The more info the safer.

2.- When you actually land in Canada, the immigration officer will ask you how many $ do you have and you tell him I have $$ in cash and the rest here it is my bank statement (the latest one)

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends !
Just need some information regarding proof of funds.

I provided the proof of funds in the form of Fixed Deposit(FD) but the FD benefits are very negligible. Now I want to break those Fixed Deposits and convert them into other(Better) Fixed Deposits.

My point is that, will it be OK if I do so and send them(CIC, New Delhi) with new FD papers or shall I wait till the end of the process.

I will be glad to have any advice.

regards and good luck to all.

malwa09

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
cardioresearcher said:
I have applied from Germany and I have to show the required proof of funds by 17th April, does it really hurt my chances if i show the required proof for certain time, as i am only working for the last few months i dont have enough reserves and i would like to borrow it from a friend for some time and show the funds in my account, ideally how long should one keep the funds in the account and is just a letter from my bank stating that i have XYZ $ on XXX date is enough..
Well usually this would be sufficient. But CIC might request a six month period statement if they doubt your financial stability.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Yes Houfan change your FD and update CIC once they ask for it. A change on POF doesn't require an update to CIC.

malwa09 said:
Hi Friends !
Just need some information regarding proof of funds.

I provided the proof of funds in the form of Fixed Deposit(FD) but the FD benefits are very negligible. Now I want to break those Fixed Deposits and convert them into other(Better) Fixed Deposits.

My point is that, will it be OK if I do so and send them(CIC, New Delhi) with new FD papers or shall I wait till the end of the process.

I will be glad to have any advice.

regards and good luck to all.

malwa09

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for asking this in your thread but at which point of the process are you asked to provide proof of funds? I haven't sent my CSQ yet and wondering when I should provide proof of funds. Will it be when I'm called for the interview?

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
POF are requested at:

1- filing the app.
2- before visa stamping
3- upon landing.

malmon

Mar 1, 2011
are they(CIC) really confirming it from our banks if we really do have that kind of amount?

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
POF are requested at:

1- filing the app.
2- before visa stamping
3- upon landing.
'filling the app.' do you mean signing the declaration or providing a bank statement with the application at this stage?
Reason for asking is because I will be saving up to meet the amount required while the application is sent and being processed. By the time they will require this before visa stamping, I will have this amount.

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Once you submit your application, you have to submit the proof of funds.
Ok. Thank you for your help.