+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

mmaganti

Oct 9, 2008
Sorry for yet another post on this topic. I'm working in Canada on a TWP. My employer will employ me permanently, if I get a PR visa, and will give me a letter, attesting to this. I'm aware that you do not have to show that you have settlement funds if you have arranged employment in Canada (according to the CIC site). So, on the checklist that I'm sending to Buffalo, do I check the box that refers to Settlement funds, or leave it unchecked?

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leave it unchecked because you do not need settlement funds. However, if you are applying as a skilled worker, you might want to think again, they are changing the rules now, new applications are already being processed under the new rules which have not been published yet. They are planning to limit occupations for skilled worker, if yours is not on the list, you may not qualify. Better and faster would be if you can qualify for a provincial nominee program and get your employers help to apply for that or if you have already been in Canada for 2 years, apply under Canadian Experience Class.

mmaganti

Oct 9, 2008
Are the new rules applicable, even if you are already here on a TWP? I moved here in June, so I'd have to wait another 20 months to qualify for CEC, and since I'm in Ontario, I don't know if the PNP applies for me, in NOC 2173 (also have 8 years of experience in NOC 2133).

Thanks!