+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds while flagpoling (inland PNP)

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys,

I am asking this on behalf of a my friend who got his passport back with immigrant visa and is going to land at Coutts, AB border next week. he got his pr through AINP and his situation is that he works fulltime but has only about $2000 in his bank account. I read on cic website that you dont need proof of funds if you are already in canada and have a valid job offer (Lmia). he does not have a lmia. He is on a bowp. Will the officer on the border ask about his bank statements. He can show the paystub entries into his account but not more than $2000 available money. any feedbacks would be appreciated

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
anmolbhullar said:
Hi guys,

I am asking this on behalf of a my friend who got his passport back with immigrant visa and is going to land at Coutts, AB border next week. he got his pr through AINP and his situation is that he works fulltime but has only about $2000 in his bank account. I read on cic website that you dont need proof of funds if you are already in canada and have a valid job offer (Lmia). he does not have a lmia. He is on a bowp. Will the officer on the border ask about his bank statements. He can show the paystub entries into his account but not more than $2000 available money. any feedbacks would be appreciated

Cic clearly states that if you are on a work permit then you donot need to show any proof of funds. Just ask him to bring his job letter thats all.

LeahTheGreat

Apr 30, 2020
Hi guys,

Hello! could you find out if you r friend needed the proof of funds? i got AINP working on postgradaute work permit I just got the invitation for the PR. Thank you