+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS - TUITION FEES PAID BY BOYFRIEND

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, more questions today.

Currently my girlfriend asked for a loan of 12000 CAD she already has that money in her bank account back in Taipei. I'm going to pay for her tuition fees while she is here in Canada. Payments to college are every 4 months, and it is an amount of 6000 CAD.

Currently I have 12000 in my account to show I can pay for her tuition fees. Also I have my job certification letter and my payment slips for the last 6 months. are 12000 CAD enough to show as a proof of funds for her tuition fees?

My current salary is 107K a year and I'm saving something around 2000 a month, I can save more, but sometimes is easier to eat outside than to cook at home :D

So, thank you very much for your help guys.

Cheers

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

1. Your issue may be to show that she has strong ties to her home country Taiwan,

2. $6,000 every 4 months? That's $18,000 for the year, CIC wants her to be able to show she can pay this (even via your "sponsorship")

3. Since your Boyfriend / Girlfriend that's not a formal relationship recognized by CIC for supporting her versus being her Husband for example,

4. maybe you should issue a "Loan" with a letter to her and deposit the money into her account or formally Loan while keeping it in your Account but showing that to CIC?

5. Taiwan has special status with Canada like Europe so getting a Visa is usually not a problem as long as all the documents and requirements are met.

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrcaBayVan said:
Hi,

1. Your issue may be to show that she has strong ties to her home country Taiwan,

2. $6,000 every 4 months? That's $18,000 for the year, CIC wants her to be able to show she can pay this (even via your "sponsorship")

3. Since your Boyfriend / Girlfriend that's not a formal relationship recognized by CIC for supporting her versus being her Husband for example,

4. maybe you should issue a "Loan" with a letter to her and deposit the money into her account or formally Loan while keeping it in your Account but showing that to CIC?

5. Taiwan has special status with Canada like Europe so getting a Visa is usually not a problem as long as all the documents and requirements are met.
Hi Orca, thanks for your answer.

Well, in fact she asked for a full year leave at her job. She works for the Government of Taiwan as an elementary school teacher and they are allowed to take a leave without payment for up to a year when it is for study purposes.

Also, she has her apartment in Taipei, she already got her notarized document regarding her home and her car.

I said boyfriend but in fact she is my fiance, summer 2016 we are getting marry. After that our plan is to apply under the right program in order for her to become PR.

I know what you mean about the proof of funds, what I'm thinking is to include all my financial data showing I will be responsible for her.

Regarding the loan, I will not ask for a Loan, currently my saving are good, by the time when she has to pay the last period I will be able to pay completely, right now I almost have the first 2 periods, and that's just saving since January and with vacations included in the middle when I traveled a whole month in Taiwan :)

So, I really dont know what to do.

Candra

May 12, 2015
Hi. I'm not a visa expert, but I'm processing my visa for Fall intake.

I need to show the proof of funds of 30.000 CAD, proof of stable income from my sister as my sponsor, and also the receipt of 1st semester paid to the college.

I'm from Indonesia so Taiwan might be different. Best of luck for you two :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
I think it is a challenge if you are not related to her or have no obligation to her as a relative.
Yes, she is your fiance/ girlfriend but as long as you are not her husband or her common law spouse, it might be a challenge convincing the VO she can easily access the funds while she is in Canada. (For example, what if you break up while she is studying -- I'm not saying you are going to -- but the VO might think of that as a possibility).
I also don't know if stating the fact that you are planning to get married in 2016 will also help her case.
you might want to sponsor her with the fiance / spousal / family visa instead?